Motor mounts

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thinkin about changing my motor mounts in my 04 convert any tips on how to , how long and which mounts to buy ?

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse has the mounts on order. Call Mark in NE. I think they are around 150 or 200 for the pair. Mine should be here soon.

Also there is an illustrated upgrade mod in that section of the forums. Very detailed and full of pics. Est time about 3 hrs. Less ofcourse if you know what your doing, but you'll tinker around while your down there.

:usa:

OP
OP
B

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont see any forums that target the gen 3 in regard to changing motor mounts .

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to search with motor mounts -on the second page the thread titled-"Got a question for all those who use after market motor mounts on the Srt" -Ab has info that will be helpful for installing the motor & tran mounts on your SRT.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Woodhouse to get on the list for there mounts. They are currently out and have been for a little bit. Hopefully they come in this week though.

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what is the down-side or negatives of putting in the new mounts?

The Woodhouse mounts are awesome and highly recommended.

You will notice for the first couple hundred miles that there's more vibration in everything, on my '06 coupe it made the inside rear-view mirror unusable. After they "settle in" the vibrations go away. That's the down side!

On the up side, your motor won't rock around in the frame which will save lots on your exhaust system and make it easier to shift, improved handling as well.

I strongly recommend that you put in one of their trans mounts at the same time.

The Woodhouse mounts are also made in such a way that they shouldn't fail and tear apart like the stockers do.

I love them!

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Woodhouse motor mounts and trans mount installed a few months ago-Ab did the work. I really like the mod. Just a slight amount of vibration in the steering wheel at idle - when you hit the pedal, especially at wot, the Viper seems to be a lot more connected. I wish I had this mod installed when I first got the Viper.

Both Woodhouse motor mounts come with a small protruding nub. The factory mount on my Viper does not have the nub on the passenger side in fact it looks like the nub was filed off. Ab ,in order to get the mount installed, had to file off the nub. He said he tried everything to get the passenger side installed with the nub, but no luck.(see the pics on the motor mount install thread that I mentioned in my post above)

Some Viper owners have been able to get the mount installed without filing, but a few said it made it more difficult to install.

I am going to put it this way-I am very happy that I did not try to install the mounts. Thank you Adam.

Reaction score
Guys,

I am VERY sorry for the delay in re-stocking these custom made mounts. The process to get them done takes a while and we should have ordered sooner just sold a ton of them recently. I will make sure and post when we receive the shipment so none of you waiting wait longer than need be.

Thanks,

Mark Jorgensen

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Woodhouse Poly Engine Mounts installed about a month ago.

At first, the vibration was very noticeable at idle, but after a few hundred miles they broke-in a bit and the car doesn't vibrate anywhere near as much. Though it still does vibrate a bit more than stock rubber mounts. When moving the car feels the same as with the stock rubber mounts.

Personally, I like poly mounts better in the Viper. Makes you feel more connected!:2tu:

OP
OP
B

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW ! Thanx for the help guys looks like it MOUNTS for me FELLAS .

0209 CLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if the Gen 1 mounts are the same as the Gen 3's but woodhouse was taking a few weeks if not longer to get them in stock so I just went with polybushings and they had them in stock, just received them today!

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if the Gen 1 mounts are the same as the Gen 3's but woodhouse was taking a few weeks if not longer to get them in stock so I just went with polybushings and they had them in stock, just received them today!

Please examine your mounts before you put them in. I got mine on Sat. started my install and noticed small rips/tears in the poly. They knew of the issue. I'm sending them back for a refund. I'm gonna create another thread on the topic with some pics.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reaction score
Our shipment should be here this week, sorry for the delays. I have 40+ sets sold so far that need to be filled so I will let you know as soon as the order gets here.

0209 CLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please examine your mounts before you put them in. I got mine on Sat. started my install and noticed small rips/tears in the poly. They knew of the issue. I'm sending them back for a refund. I'm gonna create another thread on the topic with some pics.

Please post up the thread and pics on these mounts asap as I'm about to start mine this weekend I'd like to know what to look for. I'll be taking some pictures of my mounts and compare them to yours.

stonemaster44

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi all
I'm in the process of installiing mine my question? is there left side & right side or they'r the same cause mine came identical,I'm a little confused
thanks
Sam

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4