MUFFLER?

gotV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a month or two back, in need for a little more volume, i removed my stock mufflers (on Gen1) and put 3" exhaust from the factory cat to the side exit. well i got the volume i wanted....and then some :confused: . it sounds good at an idle, but under acceleration it sounds like my tag should read, GOT RICE instead of GOT V10. i am completely aware that i will never get that beefy V8 sound out of this car, but without doing some complete exhaust replacement, what would be the best "weld on" muffler to go with. i have seen a post on here where someone went with the turbo mufflers...the square ones. a guy at my local muffler shop says he has round turbo mufflers, anyone have any knowledge of how it may sound. open too any and all suggestions for best sound at the lowest cost, only 22yrs old writing checks from my own check book...not the parents.

thanks in advance,
ryan

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ryan, I'm the same as you only older and married!!!! :rolleyes: Have to do stuff myself because of the "we don't need that" saying,,,,LOL LOL
What I did was take the cats out and weld in 2-1/2 inch pipe and glass pack muffs,,,, I really like the sound, alot louder and a big sotp feeling when you chuck the cats (way heavy and restrictive). It was cheap, lenght of pipe was about 10 bucks and the muffs were 45 I think,,,,, doesn't sound like a ricer either!!!!!!!!!!!! Mitch :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :usa:

p.s. it actually tries to rumble on downshift like the v-8's

god i love this car.

p.p.s. that sounded really bad didn't it/ :rolleyes:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a privious exhaust thread:

1. Hi-flow cats and 16" in the sills WITH the stock rear muffler

2. Hi-flow cats and 23" in the sills with NO rear muffler

Dynomax Full Race Mufflers...23.5" Long...Loud...but controllable with the throttle

Summit Long Stainless Steel Muffler...24" Long...Loud...but controllable with the throttle...a bit deeper than Dynomax

Summit Long Stainless Steel Muffler...30" Long...Loud...Deepest of them all

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id like to hear some sound clips myself, ive been wanting to upgrade my 94 exhaust, seriously thinking about roe, would love to hear a sound clip of it, ot any other sound clips anyone might have
thanks!

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Santa will bring you a set of Bellanger headers. This sounds great on my 95. At wot sound likes a race car-- I'm a kid at heart. John

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 94 RT/10 and I have been looking to do some modifitions on the exhaust. I want to cool down the heat build up, improve horse power and create a better sound. I have also been thinking about the ROE system. Have you come to any conclusions?

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased the Roe Racing HF round cats and 3" stainless side exhaust system. Unbelievable difference in sound and the heat problems are only a memory. I liked the Roe system so well, I decided to sell my OEM cats and muffler assembly on EBAY which covered about 1/2 the cost of my new system. :usa:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have -02 Steel "headers", jet coated inside out.

After that: 3" pipe, no cats, only 23" dynomax Bullet "muffer".
I have no idea why they even call it a muffler, since it does justabout nothing. Sound is VERY! loud... Cool flames all over too! You can even see them daytime.

Hearing was wasted in the military, so it does not bother me, no tickets yet. (from mufflers that is...)

I would not recommend this set up for anyone, unless you are prepared to tolerate the sound. I may even go back to hi-flo cats, since PA is starting to do "sniff-stuff".

Outside the car, everybody seems to like the sound. (Except neighbours) I have taken bunch of "ricers" out for a spin and they are stunned of the acceleration and sound. Much better than the coffee can with blinking led lights!

yellow94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have the Roe Racing HF round cats and 3" stainless side exhaust system like RT/ED. Low and rumbly at idle and totally unbelievable going thru the gears at higher rpm. Pedestrians turn around before even seeing the car as I approach, wondering what the heck that sound is. And the pops, belches, and farts during deceleration are just as unreal.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on a Roe exhaust. I dyno'd the car with the stock exhaust and after with roe's and I will tell you DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

want proof? Jason stores all his Dyno's

I installed the cats and muffs myself then had the car dyno'd at Heffners. Same dyno both times.

The "sound" is obnoxious not just loud. I had previously installed glass packs and no cats and the sound was better than the Roe exhaust.

I am currently looking for some stock take-off's (at a reasonable price) to go back to stock.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well - I am totally confused! A couple of good reviews and a bad one (on the ROE system). Everything I have read has been nothing but praise for Sean Roe. There is another discussion group discussing the possiblity of CORSA making a sidepipe system for the Gen 1's. The site is: vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB24&Number=355318&Forum=All_Forums&Words=exhaust&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=355318&Search=true#Post355318). Does that have anybodies interest?

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
0808 Motor City Viper Member. If you want to make a trip to Novi, I would be more than happy to let you listen to my 95 with the Roe System. Make the decision yourself. Shoot me an e-mail on [email protected] if you are intersted. :usa: