"Mumford Groupies" hittin' the 2,000 mile trail to Road Atlanta.....

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"Mumford Groupies\" hittin\' the 2,000 mile trail to Road Atlanta.....

So far it's myself, John (SSpeed Racer) Dearing, Lance (Killer Bee) Watkins and Luc Noel who have our airline tickets to go to RA 10/15-10/17 to watch PMUM spank the World Challenge field. Anyone in Socal that still wants to go plane tickets are $173 on Delta non-stop. Who else is going from the rightcoast, I know I'll run into Chuck98RT/10 who else is going? Lets party!!!!!!!

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

There are going to be a couple of us from Phoenix going. We are going to be there racing a Gen II Viper just to stir the *** a little.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I'm driving from Tampa. The last time I got thrown in a Georgia jail I vowed I would never spend another dime in that pissy ****** state. This will be a low-buck event for me. I might be pitting for one of the other Comp Coupes.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I volunteer for coffee runs, parts cleaning, etc. My son and I will be there as helpers, if needed, or just spectators. John

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

the last couple of years that we had a Viper corral, it sucked. No one showed & last year the infield was soldout @ 9:30! soooooooo we need to coordinate the vipers that are coming & if we ge enough I will get us a coral.

Also if you think you are going to crew make sure you are an scca member & get a crew license It will cost you 75$ & will allow you to get into the hot pits.
Pete

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

We are all staying at:

Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlanta Suwanee
77 Gwinco Bl.
Suwanee, Ga. 30024
770-271-5558

Rooms are only $58, only 5 miles from the track, we're trying to get PMUM, Messeley & co. to stay there, our rooms are booked, the more the merrier lets cause a downhome ruckus!

BTW, does anyone know where to get discount track tickets?

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

There are going to be a couple of us from Phoenix going. We are going to be there racing a Gen II Viper just to stir the *** a little.

are you running in WC or ALMS?? Love to see what a gen 2 Viper can do with these guys!! Looking forward to meeting some of the east coast guys.

Love Atlanta!! Waffle House.&.Steak & Shake!!!!

Question for you guys in Atlanta... is underground Atlanta still a nice place to go? I was thinking about dinner there at Dante's Down the Hatch...is it still there or does any one have anyother suggestions??

Thanks in advance

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

"Question for you guys in Atlanta... is underground Atlanta still a nice place to go? I was thinking about dinner there at Dante's Down the Hatch...is it still there or does any one have anyother suggestions??"

No its a dump!!!!!! A definite NO GO!

I will hook you guys up! Whatever you want I can arrange. As well as living by the track I have a condo in downtown ATL. The Buckhead Party district is a shambles after the Ray Lewis Mmurder, all kids & crusiers, So Midtown is the new hotspot. When It gets closer tell me what you are into & I will make the reservations.
Pete

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

"Question for you guys in Atlanta... is underground Atlanta still a nice place to go? I was thinking about dinner there at Dante's Down the Hatch...is it still there or does any one have anyother suggestions??"

No its a dump!!!!!! A definite NO GO!

I will hook you guys up! Whatever you want I can arrange. As well as living by the track I have a condo in downtown ATL. The Buckhead Party district is a shambles after the Ray Lewis Mmurder, all kids & crusiers, So Midtown is the new hotspot. When It gets closer tell me what you are into & I will make the reservations.
Pete

WOW what a bummer!!! That was a great place when I lived there 10 years ago!! Now I know there is another Dante's I think outside of Buckhead right? Either way what do you suggest? We have 1 Viper Couple staying downtown for a convention and we were trying to put something together for Wed before we drive up to Suwanee.

So since your the King of ATL where do you suggest?

Hell maybe we can get some tickets to a Braves game since there in post season.

Backdoc7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

so cal. what's up brotha?? you guys are leaving from LAX right? i know sspeed racer lives in OC. i think i will be ready for another road trip by then. Doing the F1 race in indy later this month. i will give you a call. Bill

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

so cal. what's up brotha?? you guys are leaving from LAX right? i know sspeed racer lives in OC. i think i will be ready for another road trip by then. Doing the F1 race in indy later this month. i will give you a call. Bill

Hi Bill, yeah we're leaving from LAX Wed. 10/15 at 10:10 am Delta non-stop only $173, gonna be a blast.

Ron

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

"WOW what a bummer!!! That was a great place when I lived there 10 years ago!! Now I know there is another Dante's I think outside of Buckhead right? Either way what do you suggest? We have 1 Viper Couple staying downtown for a convention and we were trying to put something together for Wed before we drive up to Suwanee.

So since your the King of ATL where do you suggest?"

Where are they staying??? call me @ 800 781 5144

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Pete I think they're staying downtown Atl. somewhere. We're up in Suwanee, are the Vipers gonna have a Corral? We got put on PMUM's crew list so we don't gotta worry about track tickets anymore. Any good "gentleman's" clubs around there?

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Ill arrange EVERYTHING, Just let me know when you get closer! No car corral though, the infield sells out around 9 am so the last few years its been impossible to get to.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Guys , Atlanta has changed big time since the Ray Lewis superbowl murders!!!What was isnt! & that aint bad!

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Chili dogs are a must...believe me as a Ga Tech grad I used to live across the street...

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
Re: \"Mumford Groupies\" hittin\' the 2,000 mile trail to Road Atlanta.....

So far it's myself, John (SSpeed Racer) Dearing, Lance (Killer Bee) Watkins and Luc Noel who have our airline tickets to go to RA 10/15-10/17 to watch PMUM spank the World Challenge field. Anyone in Socal that still wants to go plane tickets are $173 on Delta non-stop. Who else is going from the rightcoast, I know I'll run into Chuck98RT/10 who else is going? Lets party!!!!!!!

Do you know when they are going to show the Laguna Seca race on Speedvision?

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \"Mumford Groupies\" hittin\' the 2,000 mile trail to Road Atlanta.....

Do you know when they are going to show the Laguna Seca race on Speedvision?

Race will be shown on Speedvision Saturday September 20th at 3pm eastern standard time. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire