Murcielago

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If thats how we judge "kills", then everyone be aware that I'm allowing all of the Hondas and Mustangs etc around here to rack up kills against me. While I got the car because I'm a bit of an acceleration *****, I also couldn't care less who accelerates faster in many street situations unless I have a vested interest in the outcome (e.g. like I really need to make a left up ahead and I will indeed get into that open spot in traffic).

So, I'll often come hard off the line, shift to second and immediately quit accelerating, and even sometimes short-shift up to fourth if I'm already at the speed limit, while someone else attempting to prove their **** comes racing by, happy that they beat me.

Yeah, I'm no fun.

Cali Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know what you're saying about the Hondas (especially ones with rediculous looking spoilers and paint jobs). I'm willing to go over the speed limit, but only to a point.

I was driving on 580 and some jacka$$ in a weird looking Honda begins tailgating me in the middle lane. A hole in traffic opens up and the Honda passes me on the left. As he's passing me, he rolls down his window and starts taunting me. I couldn't help myself and dropped into 3rd to go from 60-90 in no time. By this point, I back down to 75 as I'm catching up to the next pack of cars. The Honda goes flying past on the left shoulder and proceeds to weave through a bunch of cars. If the guy in the Honda wants to claim his passing me as a victory, he can have it. Insurance on a Viper is steep enough without a wreckless driving ticket or accident on the record.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys sure know *********** off a good story. Hijacked the entire thread.Yo Marc screw them all if they don't believe it.I know what I did to a Ferrari 360.And Viper was all stock

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys sure know *********** off a good story. Hijacked the entire thread.Yo Marc screw them all if they don't believe it.I know what I did to a Ferrari 360.And Viper was all stock

A 360 is no match for a Viper but a Murc from a dig is a different story due to the awd. I have had seat time in all three but have never run them next to each other. It is certainly possible to pull a lambo if you are in the right gear and he is in the wrong one. Second gear is good to over 100 mph in this car. :eek: They are all excellent cars in their own special ways. Nice kill. :D

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A 360 is no match for a Viper but a Murc from a dig is a different story due to the awd. I have had seat time in all three but have never run them next to each other. It is certainly possible to pull a lambo if you are in the right gear and he is in the wrong one. Second gear is good to over 100 mph in this car. :eek: They are all excellent cars in their own special ways. Nice kill. :D

hahaha... ERDOC ..so tame... so lame...

If only we could all see ERDOC, the Human Growth Formula man(I use the man term loosely)in person say what he REALLLLLLLLLY thinks, now that would be something 2 C.

Anyways... congrats to all the mustangs who beat Vipers, and all the Vette guys who beat Vipers.... I'd be just as proud for them as I am you.

Jon

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc, Good work as usual. There are very few street cars in your league to start with. I can definitely understand your fun factor in pulling down a car that is three to four times the amount of money more than a viper. The funny thing is that you know the guy in the Lambo is saying how the hell did that just happen. However Mark I'm glad you posted this because I think everyone will agree that Viper Kills can be facinating whether they agree with it or not. There is a certain amount of glory modding a viper yourself and taking anybody down in there expensive foreign exotic. Where have you been lately? Maybe we'll see you a OBI one Sunday morning.

Charlie

99 R/T 10
70 Charger R/T 440

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Charlie,
How have you been! Seems like every time anyone is getting together lately, I have some place else where I have to be. The latest Hamptons run I was going to respond last minute that I was in, and as I was typing I got an email that a friend had a death in the family and the funeral was Sunday of course. I will get out there soon enough!
Stugots- Short version of what the car has- Vortech blower and everything else imaginable done to the motor, short of stroking it. All work done by me with the exception of machine shop work performed by Lab Machine in Lyndenhurst. Blower, Intercooler and fuel system parts supplied by Jason Heffner. I haven't had it on the dyno, but it's pushing just about 13psi, so the car is spitting anywhere between 800-900 at the wheels. I have a new larger crank pulley waiting that should spin the blower a little faster, but I need to cut my water pump and re-weld it to fit it in, so I'm waiting until the nice weather goes away to start that project. Not that I need more power, but I'm a HP ******!

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and by the way for all you people who didn't like the story or don't believe or whatever, fu*k off. Just kidding. I posted it because I had fun. Told my wife and a friend, but most of my friends are not motorheads to say the least and I wanted to share with people who could appreciate my fun time. I don't put down the Lambo for a second, it's a beautiful car and I wish I had the money and space in my garage to have one myself.

Later

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and by the way for all you people who didn't like the story or don't believe or whatever, fu*k off. Just kidding. I posted it because I had fun. Told my wife and a friend, but most of my friends are not motorheads to say the least and I wanted to share with people who could appreciate my fun time. I don't put down the Lambo for a second, it's a beautiful car and I wish I had the money and space in my garage to have one myself.

Later

:headbang: you tell em marc....fu*ck off!!!!im not kiddin :headbang:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a certain amount of glory modding a viper yourself and taking anybody down in there expensive foreign exotic.
Great point CT! How many of us can make THAT claim!

Marc's probably the last one of us that would make a typical "kill" claim. He's just posting his fun!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Later

How could anyone NOT believe?? with those kind of mods and THAT kind of power you could have stayed in first and beat him lol.

Great kill
Great story
Great CAR

Thanks for sharing it

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard was the lambo trying? I play with the snakes once in a while (usually friends of mine from the club), but never really "let it eat" out of just being too careful with my car... I am sure people have witnessed my VT being "killed" multiple times by Vipers..

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey
How hard was the lambo trying? I play with the snakes once in a while (usually friends of mine from the club), but never really "let it eat" out of just being too careful with my car... I am sure people have witnessed my VT being "killed" multiple times by Vipers..

It doesn't matter how hard the Murci was trying against an ~800hp s/c viper. :eek: ;)

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope he was trying hard, I don't see the point in lining up, hitting it and only going 3/4 throttle. I really couldn't say because I hear was my own car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960