Must have modifications....

HawkeyeViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you believe are the absolute "must have" modifications that new Viper owners should perform?

Remember to explain to us inexperienced car-speak virgins, what the modification is, and what it does.....

Thanks in advance!!!

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tubes and filters - helps the car inhale better - this is usually the first mod performed..

headers, high flow cats, and exhaust - helps the car exhale better...

3.55 or lower gears - gives the car more SNAP...

thats the plateau that most owners tend to be at.. other mods are:

fluidine radiator - not necessarily a go fast mod, but your car will run cooler and your block will thak you..

arrow or t&d roller rockers... and a bunch of things i am forgetting...

- eddie -

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must have mods are:

1. Race Air Induction (K&N's w/ the proper air box)
2. Throttle Bodies 65mm polished Billet. Not 70mm! (Then you'll lose power unless you're doing more extensive mods)
3. Headers - preferrably 1 3/4"
4. Exhaust
5. 1.7 T&D's NO ARROWS! Unless you want to break down of course (don't be cheap)
6. 3.45 rear end upgrade

That should put you in the neighborhood of 450-460 to the ground. Those are the necessary beginner mods. Not sure of your City, but you'll definitely get beat on the streets w/o a little something extra these days.
BURNOUT.gif

Reaction score
A few high performance driving schools such as Skip Barber(discounted to VCA members). Due as many Autocross and Viper Days as possible. These venues will help maximize your driving skills. These events will also point you to the mods that are best for your needs.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I HAD to get rid of the rear muffler. If you're not sure what kind of exhaust to get, just go to a muffler shop and have them replace the rear muffler with pipes for about $150. It'll sound a lot better and give you another 10hp.

Smooth tubes and filters are good. www.roeracing.com

Fred's right - get to the track.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
High Flow cats (Roe Racing rounds)...$239, installed by me and Jamie
Rear Muffler delete...$41, The Muffler Doctor
4" Rolled and Slant Cut Stainless Steel Tips...$55 + $25 labor, The Muffler Doctor

Budget exhaust system: $360...Sounds rather menacing, but not too loud...very loud at WOT...or so I'm told from people behind me...

EBC Green Brake pads...Do the Front AND the Rear...for hardly any brake dust...

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rear muffler delete is a must. Cost me $30. We put the stock tips back on. If you really want it to sound 'proper', headers and 3" exhaust is the way to go. I am very happy with the Belanger system.

Steve