mustangs

OP
OP
R

RobH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I can understand your point about the title to some extent, given many experiences, I've noticed and still assert that most childish behavior and challenges come from those who are driving in mustangs. Perhaps I should have included minivans, sentras, etc., but out of respect did not want to include the mustang in that class of vehicle. I'm just saying it is more prevalent with those driving mustangs hence the title. And its funny because if I had to take an educated guess at what motivates their behavior/thinking... i'd say it has something to do with the silly imbalance of exhaust sound vs. the mustangs actual power. And although I can understand how that can excite the senses... one should not think on a unrealistic plane that says: noise equals power. I too get excited when i fire up 510 horses and listen to the power and experience the awesome performance that wide open throttle brings in a factory viper, but I understand what i have, understand what other may have, and repect the whole process unless pushed to the limit. I'm not making silly, unrealistic assertions, or trying to start a war here, just giving my honest and factual opinions of what i consider to be a surplus of rediculously childish behavior amongst certain drivers of a particular auto manufacturer and make. Hence my disagreement, to an extent, over your indicating my "generalizing" an entire group of automotive enthisiasts because of a few experiences. Experiences that boast lop-sided proportions of drivers that drive in certain vehicles that make asses of themselves does an idiot make of, unfortunately, a certain class of automobile. There is no escaping that issue or how people think nowadays. There are also millions of other vehicles out there with drivers who don't exibit these adolecent tendencies- so what is your point? Accept certain mindsets in people who drive certain vehicles and exibit certain attitudes that are more prevalent in one vehicle over another. Incidentally, I have never gotton a "Thumbs up" from any mustang owners to date. Most, as you have indicated, just move over and mind their own peddle.

Thanks for listening.
:nono:

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why do mustang owners constantly try to race vipers. my wife and i were sitting at a light and one ***** smoked his wheels, dribbled a few yards, popped his clutch, then drove away with his hand on his face. i don't get it??

i hate horsin around with those idiots.

srtease

Wow great way to generalize an entire group of automotive enthusiasts because of a few experiences. I own a cobra, and there are numerous other "mustang idiots" that never even street race. The viper is a rare car to see on the streets. It is exciting. People want to see you get on the gas even if they know they will lose. Big deal. I hate to break it to you, but a viper is much closer to a lowly mustang than a Viper is to a Lambo, Saleen s7, Aston Martins, Ferrari's etc. Average income of a Mustang cobra driver is around 100k. The average income of a viper owner is around 240k. The average income of a ferrari, lambo driver is many times higher, with much higher net worths. I am sorry, but your post sounds so elitist. The viper is a raw american sports car that is a rarity on the street. People want to see someone step on it a bit just because its exciting. I bet you wouldn't be saying this if it was a gallardo next to you smashing the pedal? Even though that gallardo owner and "lowly" mustang owner both have the same interest; cars.

This is not to say there aren't assholes. But that is what you get when you have a very mass produced and affordable car. But the MAJORITY of Cobra and maybe even GT owners are pretty damn down to earth...maybe you should consider things in a bigger picture before commenting so harshly huh?

A Mustang is not "close" to a Viper in any sense of the word. For a mustang owner to say that they are close is only wishful thinking.

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wow andy congraduations on tanking one half of my statement and then making a response to one half of one sentence from a whole point of the post I made. Good work :rollseyes:

Wow, i have really not made a lot of posts on this site, and my post history is very much in favor of the viper, its community, its history, etc. I just sold a business, am selling my cars, and am about to start negociating pricing on the Viper, and have to say this might be a community I will pass on! None of my aforementioned posts in this thread have been out of line..especially to get sarcastic responses. Nor have my previous posts. In fact some of the people bashing me may have been pretty respectful of my insight and thoughts previously. Amazing. It is ironic that when I am ready to pull the trigger and contact Bill and other dealers that I see what some people have been complaining about these boards for some time.

One major selling point I had for the viper was the tight nit community that comes with the ownership. While some may say that I have been out of line, I re-read my posts and stand by my assertions, and feel they were well-written and relatively unbiased. It is unfortunate a few sophists want to come and nitpick a sentence here or there totally taking my context out of play. By doing that, the next person can continue to go off the same logic. Good lawyers!!

I will refrain from future commentary, and it is something I tried to do already but now this had derailed completely from my original response.

Enjoy your rides ladies and gentlemen:)

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I once had a Mustang and owner want to race me. From the light everything ahead looked fine, but the road was under construction ahead. I knew this so I wasn't interested in the challenge. But if I had I probably would have totaled the car, road was all dug up, not safe. Point is it's just not that safe to street race, and some young Mustang Owners aren't aware of what's going on around then. Just out to prove they can build a street rod to beat a Viper.

I'm not saying all are this way, but some are...

I don't make $250k a year, If I did I'd be driving a Diablo.

You don't care that your father is a millionaire, but sure can't hurt if you need someone to bail you out.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is your income if you own both(new)? I think forbes mag.(snobby elitist) is full of crap. I'd say the average income for a NEW Cobra owner is $60K and a NEW Viper owner about $100K. I'm not offended by either one wanting to give me a run. I get many looks and compliments on my Viper but likewise I also get many of each when I'm in my Cobra. And I have to admit I love the exhaust sound and S/C whine of my modded Cobra.

lol

how about if you own a twin turbo cobra and a twin turbo srt 10!!!!! Don't tell my wife or she will think that we are rich :nono:

vd..

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
its been lowered, kenne belle blower swap, Full exhaust, nitto drag radials, custom chip tuned by a good guy out in mt clemens, 4.10 gears, and a few other things for 612rwhp and it runs outstanding:) total cost of upgrades was about 7k. But then I sold my old blower and exhaust for a decent sum of money so it was alot cheaper than that. Its a great car, and a few viper owners have them too and love them. I cant wait to add a viper to the stable. But first I have to sell my 350z and save some more money.

i have owned 3 viper A gts and 2 srts, after racing my friends cobra (lightly modded) and my stock srt i went out and bought a cobra to add to the collection. they are great cars for the money

vd..

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHO CARES>>>>>MUSTANGS **** :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan:
You must be registered for see images
:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

HotRodHarry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have owned a few 03 Cobra stangs and admit..I loved to find..if that happened...a Viper to race and most of the time....I won. Yes I owned a couple Vipers too and hands down..love the looks and whole ora of the Viper compared to the 03/04 Cobra stangs....but most of you must know...those Supercharged stangs with a few mods are serious contenders...in a straight line that is. Other than that...have fun racing...but be careful.

Checking my www.HotRodHarrys.com site out will let you see I am speaking from experience....not day dreaming :)

OP
OP
R

RobH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry harry. glad to hear about your mods on your mustang and remind you that vipers can be modded too far better then musatngs with greater results. my point was about stupid ass-oles, and it seems like there are a lot of them that drive mustangs and get their rocks off egging on viper drivers, and i'm sure other vehicles to twice, if not four times, their price. i can afford a viper, mustang, vette, lambo, whatever, and afford to modify them to blow away just about anything i saw crawling on the road, but i have decided to act my age and not my shoe size on public streets and highways.

nuff said.... about the pony boyz or any other boyz that bust viper driver's asses. i've concluded i just won't pay attention to them anymore even if they have a jet engine under a hood that would leave the road at the first serious turn called gravity.
:buttkick:

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rob you just reminded the previous poster that vipers can be "modded with much better success." I am not doubting you but could you please link me to the 4-5-6 second Vipers? I know there are mustangs that are 4 second racers. Granted that is at the other end of the spectrum but then again you said "with much greater success." So I guess we could look at the "regular" modding experience. With about 1100 dollars you can take a stock 03 cobra putting 420 hp and add full exhaust (700) chip and tune (200) and small pulley (150) and put about 475rwhp to the ground. I will even contend that there are more supercharging options, more cost effective ways to mod, and cobras can be modded with greater success as evidenced by MANY 10 second cobras and a few 4,5,6,7,8 second fox body stangs.

This is not to get into a "well I can just buy a 10k civic and mod it" arguement, I just think your point was off. That is all. If you disagree just give facts and examples. The viper is a better car than the mustang, and I am not disagreeing with that as I am in the process of selling my 03 cobra and 350z for a Viper. But your points were wrong.

Finally you stated that you could own a viper, vette, lambo, or ANY car you want, yet say you and your wife just lost your jobs, you are not millionaires like your father as well. Strange....

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey watch it, not all mustangs ****.. I will take this one over my viper any day of the week!

4780DCP00779.JPG

WHO CARES>>>>>MUSTANGS **** :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan: :hitfan:
:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
terminator, are you saying you know of street mustangs that are as fast or faster than funny cars (your 4 second comment above)? Got to call BS on that one.

And isn't there a mustang board somewhere where you can spout off and have some believers?

OP
OP
R

RobH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of all due respect term... i'm not quite sure what level of rationalization you are coming from. Mod a 10 cyl to the max, mod an 8? 10 wins all the time provided you are basing the mods off a true sport car platform aka: viper. more hp, more torque, in this case better handling and, IMHO, a better car! are you saying "mod for mod" a viper cannot take a mustang?? But, since i am not the ultimate authority on what vehicle would prove superior... i suggest you listen less to my posts and do more research to find your answers and, then, enlighten me, and the rest of viper owners of the same, if i'm wrong. i'm sure you'll find my assertions are not that far off.

as far as my financial status, :nono: i am not disposed to elaberate on what my resources are, where they come from, or what i can afford to own. maybe my daddy loves his boy and gets him anything he wants when he asks. or maybe rob and his wife have a mill in the bank and choose to drive what they want "employment status" notwithstanding. which reminds me... my being unemployed has got nothing to do with the type vehicle i can afford to drive as much as it does your turning this whole thing into some kind of "status quo/elitist" issue.

i'd really appreciate your letting this thread die. i don't enjoy bing "needled" over the "performance" obvious and the jerks that ride around trying to prove that "that fact doesn't exist".

other than that... enjoy your ride(s) and i'll be sure to enjoy mine and hope you get your viper soon so you can appreciate the difference.
:2tu:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960