My '05 in the Classifieds - Red Vert 45.5 Asking

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, this day has been building for a little while. I've been out of the area or consumed with work just too much to enjoy the car. The only times I drove it were trips to the beach and back over the summer, and it just put miles on the car since it's all highway cruising.

Once the ad is posted I'll copy the link to this thread. It's a mild bolt on car that made 472/517 SAE before the new catless midpipes were installed. The car has just over 17k miles and has a new set of Pilot Super Sports on it in the upgraded front size.

Poor thing just sits in my garage way too much. Hell I've had it for two years and during a family party at my house this past weekend my cousins/aunts/uncles were asking when I got it.

No need to sell, so I'll only entertain serious offers (They should start with a 4!).

You must be registered for see images attach

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Even stock that would be a decent price, with all the mods looks like somebody will be getting a great deal. Good luck!

OP
OP

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Webby. I added a pic and have plenty more I could. I think it's a good deal and certainly priced properly. I know if I wait until spring I may even be able to get more, but I figured I'll start now.

OP
OP

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

If I sell the mats for $50, can I get your wheels for $1500?? ;) It's only fair! J/K

The radio is a generic piece I did a write up on. Some folks had some issues with it, but I've had mine the longest and it has been perfect thus far. I love being able to stream bluetooth audio and the iGo Primo Nav software is spectacular.

Thanks for checking it out guys. I'm not too concerned if it doesn't sell too soon, but I won't complain if it does!

V

Venomiss

Good luck with your sale!

Current VCA members receive free classified ads. Another great reason to join the VCA in 2013!

OP
OP

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Car has a day left on the auction site. If it doesn't meet reserve I'll likely relist in the spring.

Appreciate your time. Merry Christmas.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've tried ebay at least 6 times for my Viper. Zero luck. Everyone wants to offer $30k because they saw one with 3 times the miles and needs a few things for that so they think all vipers are worth that. I've only had brokers interested for buying low so they can make $8k or more. I tried Autotrader a few weeks ago. Not one call or email. Not even a scamer and mine is one of the lowest priced ones on there. I just don't get it then I see posted weekly of guys on here buying a Viper. Stopped at a local dealer last week that had one. Just Sold it, had more miles, 100% stock, and sold it for $3k more then i'm asking for mine??????????

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've tried ebay at least 6 times for my Viper. Zero luck. Everyone wants to offer $30k because they saw one with 3 times the miles and needs a few things for that so they think all vipers are worth that. I've only had brokers interested for buying low so they can make $8k or more. I tried Autotrader a few weeks ago. Not one call or email. Not even a scamer and mine is one of the lowest priced ones on there. I just don't get it then I see posted weekly of guys on here buying a Viper. Stopped at a local dealer last week that had one. Just Sold it, had more miles, 100% stock, and sold it for $3k more then i'm asking for mine??????????
middle of winter

OP
OP

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're having bad luck lagalaxy. I actually did well on eBay the first go around with an offer of 41 after it ended and the auction going to 40,500. For an auction that ended on Christmas Eve @ 7pm, that's not too bad.

I'm well aware of the price hit I'll take selling it now instead of spring, so I'm in no rush. Hopefully it'll go through this time.

Thanks Scott, appreciate the kind words. I'm not going anywhere for long though.

V

Venomiss

There are two ways to look at selling your Viper now. Some people are on holiday and sitting with computer time galore just waiting for the right Viper.

Not as many Vipers are for sale in the winter months so not as much competition in the market when Spring arrives.

Those located in the sunshine states like CA, AZ, FL have their driving season now. If the Viper has not been in an accident or has a history you might do very well selling in winter.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are two ways to look at selling your Viper now. Some people are on holiday and sitting with computer time galore just waiting for the right Viper.

Not as many Vipers are for sale in the winter months so not as much competition in the market when Spring arrives.

Those located in the sunshine states like CA, AZ, FL have their driving season now. If the Viper has not been in an accident or has a history you might do very well selling in winter.

Venomiss, That's the problem people want to pay the accident or history prices only those are the cars that are selling. I have a accident free car and they still want to spend $30k for it. Not sure what to do. Guess wait till spring and see if someone is interested. I've done the 2 big sites for selling a car and nothing. So far has been a total waste of money. Now ebay is $50 to list for a week of nothing happening. Autotrader was $60 and in a months time has not got a single hit. I don't need to sell but would be nice since baby number 3 is on the way and the car will just spend more time in the garage.

351Carlo, hope you get a sale this time. The first time I listed was the "best" i did on the auction price.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. California is not exempt from winter, freezing temps at night during dry weather and rain otherwise.
2. New Viper is out. Enough people try to unload their cars to get new model to keep supply high and prices low on used vipers.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car was listed in Sept the first time. I bought my car on new years 08. So people still buy in the winter look at all the newbie posts.
Yes this time of year the buyers are much slimmer I agree.
Spring is the time to sell any convertibles and exotic cars, seems to coincide with income tax return refunds being issued.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. Prices always get a springtime bump.
Chrysler seems to be making a pretty serious marketing push tempting current owners to buy the new viper, new corvette will be out in a couple of weeks. Personally, I think this must be the worst time to sell your car. The car looks cherry, if you do not sell, it may be a blessing in disguise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang