My 2002 ACR Viper is GONE !! :-( NOW WHAT?? GT vs F430??

M. ROD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A big engine and four wide tires trying to keep the whole business on the pavement. It's loud, and shakes. It makes your arms tired and your feet hot. You nearly crash about once every ten minutes. It's so damn wonderful that you can't believe it. Nothing makes my muscles twitch and my adrenaline rush more than that big cube V-10. The hair stands up on my back, my senses sharpen, my fingers tighten, and a huge grin materializes on my face. There’s just nothing else like it in the world.

Get another mean, growling Viper! :headbang:

It's a matter of personal preference, I guess. Good luck! :2tu:

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't know my quitting time was a new Ferrari. I heard of the 360. That's the problem since I stopped buying car magazines in the eighties.
Being an honest wage earner, there's no point wasting time thinking of other cars which may be marginally more exhilarating but cost 5 times more money.

418viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a coincidence, just received an email from the Ferrari owners website and Ferrari has announced the release of the F599 GTB "the most powerful 2 seater Ferrari ever" guess the 430 will be selling cheap shortly. check out http://www.owners.ferrari.com for a picture.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being an honest wage earner, there's no point wasting time thinking of other cars which may be marginally more exhilarating but cost 5 times more money.

Very well said and I'm sure a lot of members here can relate. I know I can. I still daydream, but I dont have to stress over worrying about repair bills if one should ever break.

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a small Ford Dealer looking to unload a GT40. PM me and I will get you in touch with them.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Friend in VA just got a new GT for $13K UNDER sticker.

BUT ... get a SRT Coupe ... you will not look back!

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a small Ford Dealer looking to unload a GT40. PM me and I will get you in touch with them.

PM Sent however, I dont know that I am too flexible on just getting any Ford GT (not GT40). I will probably only settle for a blue with stripes, or my perfered color Grey and silver stripes.

Now, if they are just trying to GIVE the car away, ok, money can make me color blind, but otherwise, at going rates price tags, I'm going to hold to stick to my guns. Because its to my advantage, I live in Chicago now, so no use for the car even if I buy it right now. Every month the market gets softer for these cars, so why not save some cash and wait another 2 months, prices will drop further.

Jon

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon - Got to meet Mike today. He stayed the night at the hotel I work at. Got to have dinner with him and drive his new ACR!!! We swapped keys and went cruising! We had a great time meeting and sharing car stories!

Sent you an email as well. Great Viper for a Great Guy!

Jason

Got the email (and responded), appeciate it !! A fellow interested party thought it might be a cool post to document by way of photos, his activities as he travels through the US. Anyone interested in doing so? I'm too lazy, I have been a complete post ***** these last few weeks (mostly around this car sale). :D

Jon

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There was a guy i spent hours chating with at VIR full last year, he said things like oil changes were insanely expensive. He had his 30k mile tuneup, and it cost him IIRC in the $10-15k range because they have to pull the whole engine to do even the simplest of repairs. Sweet car if you only plan to drive it 5k miles and then sell it, and the upgraded warranty, doesnt cover that sort of stuff.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so you've narrowed it down to an F430 or a GT. Ever thought about a Lamborghini Gallardo? BTW, if you're choosing between the first two, I'd go for the GT. Not only does it look better, but its American Muscle and can easily be modded.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so you've narrowed it down to an F430 or a GT. Ever thought about a Lamborghini Gallardo? BTW, if you're choosing between the first two, I'd go for the GT. Not only does it look better, but its American Muscle and can easily be modded.

I'm sure you didnt read all posts, I prob wouldnt have either, but in one of them I address that the Gallardo is not for me. The murc is sure awesome, but I have to draw the line somewhere 300k for a car is a bit excessive to me.

I'm really leaning towards a 2006 GT Tungsten Grey with silver stripes. looks a LOT like my 2002 ACR.

Jon

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, people have VERY different opinions, and we are talking about just 2 cars ;-)

Recap/Answers to posts:

5. Mopar Man... that hurt my feelings, I cant use my screen name any more ?? :-(

Sorry about that - it was not meant to hurt any feelings - just as a bit of humor pointing out that your user name wouldn't be so accurate any more.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm sure you didnt read all posts, I prob wouldnt have either, but in one of them I address that the Gallardo is not for me. The murc is sure awesome, but I have to draw the line somewhere 300k for a car is a bit excessive to me.

I'm really leaning towards a 2006 GT Tungsten Grey with silver stripes. looks a LOT like my 2002 ACR.

Jon

You be correct in guessing that I didnt read all of the posts. :p Thanks for still answering my Q though. I agree, the Tungsten Grey is very nice. Good luck with whatever car you choose.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, people have VERY different opinions, and we are talking about just 2 cars ;-)

Recap/Answers to posts:

5. Mopar Man... that hurt my feelings, I cant use my screen name any more ?? :-(

Sorry about that - it was not meant to hurt any feelings - just as a bit of humor pointing out that your user name wouldn't be so accurate any more.

Sure I kinda get that, except we have far more users ID's that dont match their cars (or dont even own vipers) like GTS-R that is some kids ID. Also have guys that have even changed cars like BugEater, and he still uses the same photo for a car he no longer owns. 99 RT/10 shows 2 vipers, when he only owns one of them now (been that way for well over a year).

I know now you didnt mean anything really by it, but I really feel that my ID is my ID, regardless of wether I own the car any more. What it means to me now is that I am one of those guys that actually owned a 2002 ACR and probably am a good guy to ask questions about it.

Thanks.

Jon

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont know jon i kindve like the sound of Used_To_Have_a _2002 _ACR_bUt_NOw_its_a_lime_green_pinto

has a nice ring to it.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know jon i kindve like the sound of Used_To_Have_a _2002 _ACR_bUt_NOw_its_a_lime_green_pinto

has a nice ring to it.

lol.. omg.. I could so work you on this one... :eek: but I'll continue to extend the olive branch, until you prevoke me again. :D :2tu:

Jon

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, I have this photo that I probably will be regretting for a while, until I get my replacement car, but it felt good letting my Baby go to a really good guy.

Here is a photo of the historic event (for me):

4596Picture_048-med.jpg

So.. The Future...

I am honestly torn between a F430 and Ford GT. I am thinking that the Ford GT would be the way to go, but curious what others think?

Any insight?

Jon

Jon, is that the ACR on the right of the pic, if so....why does it have regular GTS rims? Also are you the dude on the right, or left?

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, inferno, are you *** on me or something ? The guy on the left is me. The guy on the right is the new buyer.

The ACR rims are infact sold with the car, HOWEVER, Mike is DRIVING the 2002 GTS rims to San Diego California to a guy I sold them to last week, and I am shipping him the chrome ACR rims and rear tires, along with shipping a new set of fronts from tire rack to him.

Anything else I can answer for you? :)

Jon

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lol, inferno, are you *** on me or something ? The guy on the left is me. The guy on the right is the new buyer.

The ACR rims are infact sold with the car, HOWEVER, Mike is DRIVING the 2002 GTS rims to San Diego California to a guy I sold them to last week, and I am shipping him the chrome ACR rims and rear tires, along with shipping a new set of fronts from tire rack to him.

Anything else I can answer for you? :)

Jon

Speaking of ***, it's cute how you guys like to hold hands for pictures like that, where is your other hand, on his a$$? :confused: . Sorry bro, no *** here, not that there is anything wrong with that :rolleyes: . I won't judge you man :2tu: . No more questions, congrats on the sale, good luck with your next vehicle, it's an exciting process, have fun with it.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of ***, it's cute how you guys like to hold hands for pictures like that, where is your other hand, on his a$$? :confused: . Sorry bro, no *** here, not that there is anything wrong with that :rolleyes: . I won't judge you man :2tu: . No more questions, congrats on the sale, good luck with your next vehicle, it's an exciting process, have fun with it.

Yeah, ok thanks Inferno, you sweet pants. :D

Jon

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, ok thanks Inferno, you sweet pants. :D

Jon

Jon - Email sent to you about a GT.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon - Email sent to you about a GT.

Cool, just read it. Yeah, the only thing wrong with it, is that its not the color I have my eye set on (the tungsten grey) and its used, I am currently looking for new, since I like "virgins".. although.. ok ok.. never mind..

Jon

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally cool... just had to offer! Best of luck to you finding just the right one! Which ever you choose... you know we all wanna see pics!