My 2005 MAMBA Victim of Drunk Driver

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week i was coming home around 1:30am on route 3 west and out of no where this girl in a honda civic slammed into me and my car spun around 5-6 times and landed on the grass right before the meadowlands. Luckily for both of us no one else was on the road and both of walked out without serious injuries. I will be going to the doc for my back but just glad no one else got hurt. The car is in the body shop and it looks like the MAMBA 55/200 will be RESTING IN PEACE.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about the Mamba, but glad you walked away. Hope to see you back in the saddle soon. Good luck with your back.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats really sad. I'm sorry you lost your Viper, but like as been said, atleast you're ok. Drunk drivers are a huge waste of a human life. Normally I dont like to see lawsuits unless someone is really hurt, but in this case, i say SUE SUE SUE. Make her homeless and have to live out of her civic. Maybe it'll teach her not to go drunk driving anymore :evilmad: :evilmad: :evilmad:

OP
OP
M

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks all for the concerns.
Note that the girl was under age and the car belonged to her father. Also i am fortunate enough that i have a second viper (race yellow) But you are all right the car can be replaced but not i.

Paul R

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the loss and I hope there are no serious issues with your back, but if there is just jump into the Race Yellow Viper and slam it from 2nd to 3rd and it should be fixed ;)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another victim of 2006. :(

Glad you made it out ok. Please say the girl was at least insured. No underage kid has any business drinking and being out 130am. The parents are completely responsible and deserves to get their @$$ sued big time. The girl needs rehab, thousands of hours of community service, some jail time and her license yanked for 10 years. We have to quit being so gentle with drunk drivers. :mad:

sshorty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another victim of 2006. :(

Glad you made it out ok. Please say the girl was at least insured. No underage kid has any business drinking and being out 130am. The parents are completely responsible and deserves to get their @$$ sued big time. The girl needs rehab, thousands of hours of community service, some jail time and her license yanked for 10 years. We have to quit being so gentle with drunk drivers. :mad:

Come on don't be so easy on the girl, we're talking about a VCA member here! She should have to do at least double of everything you said, not to mention clean your house, do your laundry, clean your viper after each time you drive it, detail it every day after school and every time your back hurts she should take car of your pain...lol....

..in all seriousness as everyone else said i'm glad you're ok...did the girl get arrested? i can't believe how people these days still don't understand what can happen from drinking and driving! I think this is outrageous! If that was me in your car and I was able to still breathe, I would be the one in jail cause she would be in such pain from my anger, I can't stand when someone damages any of my cars due to stupidity, hopefully i'll grow out of it...good luck with your next viper!

OP
OP
M

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks all. I am now having hard time with ins co for they don't want to total the car. So this is another challenge i face now. Hopfully all is resolved soon so i can move on and drive the yellow beast with ease.

Paul R

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your car mamba! Last week was prom weekend and alot of kids were heading south to Seaside. I can only imagine how many drunk kids were out there.

1:30am? Jeez I think that's the earliest time anyone's driven there viper.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Route 3 has to be one of the most dangerous roads out there.

For those who don't know, it is the road that comes out of the Lincoln Tunnel into New Jersey. After the slow tunnel, people punch it. Tons of merging traffic all over.

Mayhem......absolute mayhem. Even early in the morning. Glad to see you are ok. Unfortunately, your insurance may go up, no small matter in New Jersey.

OP
OP
M

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the support guys.
Here is the latest update. My INS is not going to go up :) .
My ins company is going to take care of it all. I will know by the end of week if they will total the car or fix either way finally it is going to be taken care of and i can move on with it.
the Yellow one is keeping me comfort for now until all this is settled.

Paul R

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the support guys.
Here is the latest update. My INS is not going to go up :) .
My ins company is going to take care of it all. I will know by the end of week if they will total the car or fix either way finally it is going to be taken care of and i can move on with it.
the Yellow one is keeping me comfort for now until all this is settled.

Paul R

Good news :2tu: If it were me I would be glad that they are making all efforts they can to prevent the car from being (at least economically) totaled, I'm sure that their experts will do their work well. Reading these posts it seems that you think that the damage is too extensive though?

OP
OP
M

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i am no mechanic nor a body shop guy but looking at the car i am just wondering and am pretty sure that it cannot ride the same but i will get a definte answer on friday.

Paul R