My Acr Was Totaled Last Night!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#1 I don't drive friends nice cars. Especially a high powered car they only made a few of.

#2 If the person is kind enough to trust me with it, I’d treat it with kid gloves and not only drive the speed limit, but, be on the look out for others that could run into me.

I have let friends drive my Vipers but not any more.

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am literally sick to my stomach.What a friggin shame.sorry for your loss but at least there were no fatalities.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After personal experience with your problems I recomened that YOU find a "Fair Market Value" yourself. I took over 60 sales ads into the insurance company and they went up from $45,000 to $58,000, plus all taxes, $5,000 for mods and $1,000 for stereo/electronics mods.

I replaced the car for the money I got from them. My car was worth $65,000 easily, but I didn't have extra insurance for modifications. I did have no problem proving 'better than new' condition since I already had a 1st place car show trophy and a feature article in a magazine of my car. Take lots of pics when you see the adjuster.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used www.autotrader.com to find the sales and values for the insurance company. They are supposed to pay "Fair Market Value" - if you can prove it.

Ted

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the first place, the guy has ZERO history in ebay. Don't send or wire any cash. Second, there are no service records on the car, so anything is possible. If a car sits in a garage, all the rubber engine seals can dry and shrink, bearings get dry etc. Get a PPI by a good Viper tech.

Agreed. Get the PPI done and then work from there. GOOD LUCK!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I did call Jon today. He was quite helpful and gave me some good insight. The adjustor is supposed to look at the car tomorrow .....they are moving the car to a facility where they can control the daily cost, the wrecker yard apparently is charging a very high daily rate. Anyway I will keep everyone posted.

I found a ACR 99 model (same as mine) with 2k miles for $53k. One owner, OH car, 60 yr old man who owns 20 cars and wants to sell some of them. Bone stock with no issues or stories, heck with 2k miles it is practically brand new. What do you guys think? Same color even!

THANKS Lee, CentTX, et al for the votes of confidence. Glad I was able to help 99ACR a bit. TRY TO LOCK DOWN THAT Ohio ACR, maybe a qualified VCAer can examine it for you? Keep us posted on Insurance and new car and BETTER LUCK

pps1 I agree w/ Janni, and THE YEAR MATTERS. Not all ACRs came squirrelly from CAAP. Some later ones did. The ACR was WAAAY more capable than that "driver" .
pps2 Would you want those un-round ACR rims? eBay would sell em, but not PartsRack!
pps3 "KBB" is for suckers so far as Viper Values go......

TrainerDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grab that car. Black ACR's are VERY hard to find. In a heartbeat. Dude.....it is a steal if it checks out. Would be traveling to Ohio tomorrow, if true.

You have that right I ended up with a 99 ACR, same exact color as his, this pictures make me want to throw up, God I feel sorry for you man:(

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at that 99 ACR and was turned off when I found out the car has NEVER been serviced since new. All recalls are still outstanding. The owner was also very difficult to deal with and would not let me bring to dealer to have it looked at so I passed on it and am glad I did.

Sorry to hear about the accident. I hope you find a replacement. I know BJmotors has a nice black and silver for sale.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at that 99 ACR and was turned off when I found out the car has NEVER been serviced since new. All recalls are still outstanding. The owner was also very difficult to deal with and would not let me bring to dealer to have it looked at so I passed on it and am glad I did.
Sorry to hear about the accident. I hope you find a replacement. I know BJmotors has a nice black and silver for sale.

Frank--it's good to see you posting again!! Hope you are on the mend and can get out and enjoy your own Viper soon. Hmmm...doesn't sound good about the 99ACR you passed on...good thing. Stay well :) !~~~juli

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc