My Avatar got stolen

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
FLX109, did you copyright the graphic? Are you the artist?
just curious

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FLX109
question
Did you steel your avatar to start with and now someone stole it back or who actually owns it? Who was the artist and was permission given to either of you to use, sell etc?

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was in Florida I purchased a cartoon picture of this and said I was going to use it for my Avatar, he said , no problem, I never thought I would start seeing it on shirts, no copyrights, I lose.

Maybe someday you might see yours on a T

FLX

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does MP on the A l l e y hav something to do with this and the artist that made those charactures of vipers?

G

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was in Florida I purchased a cartoon picture of this and said I was going to use it for my Avatar, he said , no problem, I never thought I would start seeing it on shirts, no copyrights, I lose.

Maybe someday you might see yours on a T

FLX

Er, you bought a cartoon picture, e.g., where someone is selling many copies of that picture, and you bought one? If so, you only purchased the particular picture, not the copyright for it, so I don't see where you lose. Now if you bought / had some create the original artwork and got an assignment of rights to it, then you're onto something.

Bolax

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a Porsche shirt from this guy back in 2001. He had the same Viper GTS pics in blue and in red way back then. The one I received was a really cool pic but the shirt was the cheapest thing I ever saw. You could almost see through it. If he would put it on a Hanes beefy T for the same price I might buy a red GTS one. I have had thousands of shirts printed for car shows over the years and it should only cost him about 75 cents to a buck per shirt to go with the top of the line t-shirt instead of the crap I got. real shame too because the art is great.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I think MP got this art work done for the Alley homepage about a year ago. He would know who the artist is, and if its copyrighted.

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool shirt! The 96' or 97' blue and white GTS has always been my dream car. I ordered the shirt and I hope to have the matching car very soon.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
I actually saw this on EBAY as well and asked vendor if they could change colors (yellow/black stripes) to match my car. No answer yet .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine