My car won't start.....

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It says that it is 1 1/4 amp. This one works in three stages. I remember when I bought my ACR it took the thing about a day to get the battery up to a full charge.

hmm.. yea i saw that it listed 1 1/4 amp too, but wasn't sure if it had higher then that and was just not listed. I guess the one I have with the feature of changing the tender to charge at 2 or 4amps is better. Still, the whole day is quite awhile if you're looking to drive it that very moment as you could with jump starting it. :(

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nobody ever listens to me... :)

Well I will definitely take your advice next time ;)

Besides, even if I did do that. I still would've had to have my car towed lol. Unless I had someone who let me use their PCM leave it in my car so I could drive my car with their PCM to a shop to have a new one put in haha.

Regardless, at the time I figured the best solution was to tow the car to someone who I knew would fix it so I wouldn't have to deal with anymore problems and Steve Heitz did just that. :2tu:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I will definitely take your advice next time ;)

Besides, even if I did do that. I still would've had to have my car towed lol. Unless I had someone who let me use their PCM leave it in my car so I could drive my car with their PCM to a shop to have a new one put in haha.

Regardless, at the time I figured the best solution was to tow the car to someone who I knew would fix it so I wouldn't have to deal with anymore problems and Steve Heitz did just that. :2tu:

If you can work some simple tools, you can change the PCM out yourself. It's easily accessible, and just a couple of bolts (or screws?) and I think two connectors.

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can work some simple tools, you can change the PCM out yourself. It's easily accessible, and just a couple of bolts (or screws?) and I think two connectors.

I managed to take the panel off myself with my father; however, we weren't completely sure at the time if it was in fact the PCM. So I felt it was the best decision to have the car shipped to a Viper Technician who could diagnose the problem and then replace the part as needed. Your method would have been the easiest though haha, but I didn't want to buy the part myself and try to install it, because if the PCM wasn't the issue then I would have had to try and sell it and still figure out what the real problem was.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I managed to take the panel off myself with my father; however, we weren't completely sure at the time if it was in fact the PCM. So I felt it was the best decision to have the car shipped to a Viper Technician who could diagnose the problem and then replace the part as needed. Your method would have been the easiest though haha, but I didn't want to buy the part myself and try to install it, because if the PCM wasn't the issue then I would have had to try and sell it and still figure out what the real problem was.

It has three large connectors and is below the fuse box at the drivers kickbox.

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has three large connectors and is below the fuse box at the drivers kickbox.

Hey Jack, yes my father and I saw that. We unplugged all three at one point. There was a black, gray and white plug, but if I remember correctly when using the test light to check the fuses, the black plug was the only one that mattered to check.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang