My cooling solution

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its seems like there's a never ending battle with heat when dealing with these big V10's. Here's my latest weapon on the battle against high temps. Fluidyne radiator/oil cooler, 2-13" Spal High Performance fans, 60/40 water/prestone, a bottle of Waterwetter and bleeding out as much air as possible. The fans move about 3500 CFM of air.

328fluidynetwinfan2s.jpg

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Where did you get your radiator from and how much?

What kind of temps are you running at the hottest?

Where can you get those Spal Fans?

OP
OP
VPRVENM97

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of radiator is that?

What kind of temps are you running at the hottest?

Are those oil cooling lines going into the radiator? Sorry for all the questions.

Where can you get those Spal Fans?

Adam,

The radiator and oil cooler are by Fluidyne.

The hottest that I've run so far is slightly past the third hash mark on top of the temp gauge. That's with the car sitting still in traffic. The ambient temp was about 90 degrees. Keep in mind that I'm still running the stock 195 thermostat and I don't believe that I've bled all the air out of the system. When the car is moving, the temp gauge stays right at 12 o'clock. At 60+ MPH the temp gauge is between 11 and 12 o'clock.

The two large lines are oil lines going to the oil cooler. The smaller one on the right is the line to the radiator pressure tank.

I got the Spal fans from Jaycorp Technologies
Model # VA13-AP6-63A @ $135 ea. Because of the current draw, I wired the fans independent of the stock fan harness. I use the stock fan wiring (both temp and A/C) to trip the relay for the new harness.

I would like to see the PCM kick on the fan sooner. Does anyone know of a way to do that?

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave,

Check out the thread under products from West Coast Vipers rehitting the pcm with all sorts of goodies, including kicking the fan on at whatever temp you want, losing the skip shift, and most importantly more power everywhere, mostly in the middle of the curve, perfect.

Mine is on the way shortly for the mod.

Take care,

OP
OP
VPRVENM97

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave,
Why not hook them up individually to a set of switches so that you can turn them on at will?

Mike,

I considered hooking up a switch for the fans since its easy enough to do. However, I'd rather have it automatically kick in at 190 and not have to worry about it. Right now I think it kicks in somewhere around 215. But then again it may not really matter since its warm now and I have the A/C on 99% of the time which means the fans are on 99% of the time.

Hey Dave,

Check out the thread under products from West Coast Vipers rehitting the pcm with all sorts of goodies, including kicking the fan on at whatever temp you want, losing the skip shift, and most importantly more power everywhere, mostly in the middle of the curve, perfect.

Mine is on the way shortly for the mod.

Take care,

genX,

Thanks for the info. I just read up on it and it sounds like a great mod. I'll have to think about it since it costs 5 bills.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Dave,

Where did you get your fluidyne radiator? How much did it go for. I think the one that you have is the one I need to get. Did you fab the fan brackets or does fluidyne make that an option to weld on their radiators?

Thanks!