My dreams of owning an SRT-10 crushed yesterday w/ a 30 min drive!

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lest see how many of you remember that thread ;)

Seriously though... bugeater was kind enough to let me take his/George's SRT for a quick jaunt yesterday. I'm 6'4" 235 w/ large shoulders and I really didn't fit in the car at all.

The torque is amazing and the gearbox felt nice... and in just a few min of driving I got laid 3 times by random women (did get a bunch of attention.

However... my head is right in line w/ the top of the windshied, and the seats crunched my shoulders to the point that my back started to hurt.

Does anyone make a different seat w/o the agressive shoulder bolstering and posisbly a lowering kit? I really couldn't own one of these being as it was so uncomfortable to drive.

SO what to you larger framed guys do (and I don't mean fat)?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember it. I believe I said you had "bow tie myopia" and also guessed correctly that you had a jacked up Nova. At that point Myrick who had come to rescue you was so convulsed by laughter over the correct call I made that he could no longer type. It was an epic thread and you were a good sport. Now that I know how large you are I will consider anything you say to be automatically correct. Having said that though I'm not a small guy either and having both a gen 2 and a gen 3 now I notice those bolsters too. I seem to remember someone talking about putting the Gen 2 seats in a gen 3 with the lowering kit and it worked pretty good. Someone who surely would know is Jon Brobst at www.partsrack.com Don't call on monday EMail him.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as far as saets are concerned you mike want to look at real race car seats like Kerky and Butlerbuilt seats. They make Nascar, NHRA, and road racing seats in all styles.

OP
OP
C

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not currently in the market... still enjoying my Z06 as an almost daily driver, HPDE car, fun car etc etc.

But I love the Gen III Viper and have though about owning one one day. It makes for a great weekend toy bing a full vert.

However... I simply could not own one after the drive I had yesterday. Just curious if anyone had a prooven solution.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you tried this................. :2tu: :nana:

9357viper_limo-thumb.jpg

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC does need to work on fitting these Vipers more for AMERICAN size people. I’m 6’2’’ 220 and even though I’ve put in the seat lowering kit, I still find myself driving hunched over to see under the roof and windshield, and all these high school kids these days are bigger than us. WTH

I’m sure you could bend back the side bolsters though. You gotta want it:)

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are both 1 inch and 2 inch seat lowering kits and we just installed on for a 6'6" owner. A two inch kit should work fine, as we have some pro ballplayers ( Baseball ) and all of them seem quite satisfied with the kit. Hang in there , it is worth the little bit of trouble.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess it's all how you are built. I am the exact same size as you (6'4" 235 - 240 and broad shouldered) and have not had any problems. Sure the seats are tight, but that's what you want in a sports car.

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too am almost the same size (6'3.5''., 245 lbs., broad shoulder) and have no problems with the view (except at many street lights). I find my view down the road to be very good (my wife tells me when the light is green). Driving from FL to NY and back, I thought the Drivers seat was way comfortable. The passenger seating area on the other hand is very uncomfortable for me.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife also tells me when the light is green even tho i can see it..

OP
OP
C

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it sounds as if many of you are putting up with discomfort and convincing yourselves it's ok. I guess this would be fine for a weekend toy that you just cruise the strip in.

I think my body shape just doesn't fit w/ the seats... my shoulders are too high up (longer torso I guess) and the bolsters kill them.

I guess If I ever look into getting one of these i can have some custom seats done.

Thanks for the replies.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ill trade my gen2 seats for your gen3 & ill pay shipping both ways. PM me when you buy ur snake

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cobra4B, I would advise getting different seats such as gen 2 seats. I am 6'-6" 305 pounds and the gen seats are not the most comfortable seats that I've ever had and this is my 3rd viper, however, there are ways around the seat situation such as changing the seats out or pulling the stock seats out and getting someone to widen the seat bolster if possible. I have the 2 inch lowering kit in my viper and that is a big help as far as being able to look through the windshield instead of looking through the sun visors. I would hate for you to miss the experience of owning one of the best sport cars in the world....Good Luck with your decision.