My experience in the supercharged "Ab" Viper

DG Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My experience in the supercharged \"Ab\" Viper

I have to say... Adam has done a nice job on his Viper. A couple of weekends ago Adam helped me out with some routine maintenance on my Viper (which included use of his "AB Contraption" which I can say works very well - and no, I was not paid to say that!). Once we were done, Adam, his brother and I all went out for a bite to eat... while we were sitting at the restaurant I was commenting how I really liked the sound of Ab's exhaust from his car. I have the Corsa exhaust on mine, which I am very happy with... but Ab's exhaust just it a little more "throaty" at idle and really comes to life when he would hammer it...

So at the conclusion of dinner Adam asked if I would drive his Viper a few exits on the highway and he would follow in my own. I was excited because this would be my first time driving a supercharged Viper and he was excited because he could finally actually hear his own car for the first time.

For those that haven't driven a supercharged snake... man o man... let me just join the hundreds on this board that have and confirm that there is a difference. While I wouldn't go as far to say that my stock snake feels "slow" compared to one (perhaps out of some form of denial)... but it definitely is different. Adam's car definitely had more punch to it and the exhaust notes he has with his setup just made the perfect combo...I believe he has the B&B exhaust and that plus the extra power made the car just down right mean on the road when you mash the Go pedal.

My wife was oh-so-thrilled to hear me say when I came home that there was now a part of me that would consider doing that to my own car!

Thanks Ab for the help and the ride.