My first trip to the dyno, 97 gts with small mods

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all just thought I would share my dyno results..... I only had time to make one run.

My mods are Jessel roller rockers, S&B filter/smooth tubes and Corsa exhaust with cat delete.

The car made 527 hp (flywheel) 530 lbft torque. 453 hp (at the wheels) 60 degees air temp

Im not sure what the torque was at the wheels, it is not on the dyno sheet I have for some reason. I was to excited by the other numbers to even notice it wasn't there.

What do you think of the numbers? Personally I was delighted!!

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! My '97 B/W put down 449rwhp and 470rwtq with smooth tubes, filter, and exhaust, so they look about right to me. What type of dyno was it? Mustang, DynoJet, etc....

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for your opinions guys.

I was VERY happy with the RWHP figure and was not disappointed with the torque at the flywheel having gained 30lbft over stock.

If anyone else has an opinion then feel free to post.

Thanks

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice numbers, that's almost exactly the same numbers as a '97 I did with the same mods. The blue / white's are the best :2tu:

Top Scot install on your Jessels ;)

When the weather's better, will a quarter mile track run be next? :drive:

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey all just thought I would share my dyno results..... I only had time to make one run.

My mods are Jessel roller rockers, S&B filter/smooth tubes and Corsa exhaust with cat delete.

The car made 527 hp (flywheel) 530 lbft torque. 453 hp (at the wheels) 60 degees air temp

Im not sure what the torque was at the wheels, it is not on the dyno sheet I have for some reason. I was to excited by the other numbers to even notice it wasn't there.

What do you think of the numbers? Personally I was delighted!!

Nice numbers! Where are you at in Scotland? What dyno did you use? I took my (now seriously injured!) RT-10 to Wallace Performance near Aberdeen and it made 468 rwhp, although there was a bit of wheel spin.

OP
OP
M

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks!

"Top Scot install on your Jessels ;) "

Colin did a great job and was very careful with my car. Thanks for the referral :2tu:

"When the weather's better, will a quarter mile track run be next?"

Sure will and I cant wait to see what she will do :drive:

OP
OP
M

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice numbers! Where are you at in Scotland? What dyno did you use? I took my (now seriously injured!) RT-10 to Wallace Performance near Aberdeen and it made 468 rwhp, although there was a bit of wheel spin.

Thank you, I live in a small village called Taynuilt (near Oban). I think I recommended the shipping company you went with when bringing your car over. Wow great numbers you made on your RT-10 I was very sad to hear of your misfortune! I used a dyno in Glasgow that a friend recommended and took me to...... The name of the place escapes me just now but I can find out and let you know if you like.

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you, I live in a small village called Taynuilt (near Oban). I think I recommended the shipping company you went with when bringing your car over. Wow great numbers you made on your RT-10 I was very sad to hear of your misfortune! I used a dyno in Glasgow that a friend recommended and took me to...... The name of the place escapes me just now but I can find out and let you know if you like.

Ah, of course, I remember now! I drove through Taynuilt in the second last trip I did in my car on Oct 6th! The weather was not good though. Yeah, good numbers on my car but it's had some work done. Was the dyno a rolling-road? Cheers.

OP
OP
M

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, of course, I remember now! I drove through Taynuilt in the second last trip I did in my car on Oct 6th! The weather was not good though. Yeah, good numbers on my car but it's had some work done. Was the dyno a rolling-road? Cheers.

The weather hasn't been good here all year :(.............. Yep the Dyno was a rolling road, 2 and 4 wheel drive. I had no problems with wheels spinning at all. They have a Very nice setup, I think the Dyno is only a year old.