My Garage Continues to Improve, Pics!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, some of you know the long saga of trying to make my garage decent and do my best at "Viperizing" the side where my RT sits.

Following Baz and his wall of pictures, I did my best at accumulating red RT pictures, with a few Gen V's for good measure! While the wall on the side where the Viper is, is concrete block foundation, I painted it white (along with inside of garage doors) and then drilled screw holes so I could mount the pictures. My end goal is to put up sheetrock and make it closer to an actual room, but that is an ongoing discussion with my wife...priorities, priorities! :)

Still looking into cost effective (cheap! :) )solutions for the floor, but so far, nothing....as painting doesn't seem to work due to concrete dust from an older degrading floor.

If nothing else, it is looking far cleaner and brighter due to the white paint. Also painted the door white, with red trim and a VCA sticker for good measure!

To be continued!

:)
You must be registered for see images attach

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about ditching the generic car cover and buying a cover that shows off the curves of your RT/10? That cover looks like it could fit a minivan. That would be the best mod you could to your garage. :)

Ginja

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm undertaking a similar project and used a concrete sealer on the floor. I'm pretty impressed with it, super tough and also acts as a primer for painting afterwards. I'm going to paint next year but will use a 2 pack epoxy resin. This on top of the sealer should last a good few years. Might be worth trying out?

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darth, did look at the garage thread and got some nice ideas...

I like your garage, do want to put down linoleum tiles, but still not sure if it will stay down with the concrete constantly making dust (or continuing to break down). You also have (what looks like) sheetrock walls....still thinking about that, use a Hilte gun and put up studs...just not there yet and not sure will get there.

As for the cover, yes, it's actually from my Infiniti FX35...just too much trouble to put on and take off when I used to car often. So, I threw it on the Viper. Some years you have the extra money for things like car covers and others you don't....so I make do with what I have...I beats flannel sheets! :)

So, if you don't mind me asking, what brand is the sealer and is it called something specific other than just sealer?

Thanks very much!

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted my garage pix in the link Darth Menace posted in the event you want some more ideas!

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darth, did look at the garage thread and got some nice ideas...

I like your garage, do want to put down linoleum tiles, but still not sure if it will stay down with the concrete constantly making dust (or continuing to break down). You also have (what looks like) sheetrock walls....still thinking about that, use a Hilte gun and put up studs...just not there yet and not sure will get there.

As for the cover, yes, it's actually from my Infiniti FX35...just too much trouble to put on and take off when I used to car often. So, I threw it on the Viper. Some years you have the extra money for things like car covers and others you don't....so I make do with what I have...I beats flannel sheets! :)

So, if you don't mind me asking, what brand is the sealer and is it called something specific other than just sealer?

Thanks very much!

thanks for the complements. My garage concrete sucked too. It had sunk at the rear and I just had it mudjacked. I then re-cemented where the cuts were done. I swept, washed, washed and washed the floor before I put down the tiles. They are armstrong VCT tiles I bought from lowes (for 85 cents each here in Canada).

When you say sheetrock, I believe you mean regular drywall. My drywall was hung when I bought the house, but I mudded it and painted it (the mudding is not perfect, but there is so much going on in that garage that you barely notice the bad mudding job.

About the sealer...I havent sealed it yet. I just finished it a few days ago and they say to wait about 4-5 days before sealing it. I have an industrial strength sealer/wax in 1 I got from a commercial cleaning supplies store. they say to put 3-4 coats (you mop it on) on for a nice shine. The picture was taken just after I finished the tiles...so things aren't back where they usually sit. The charger sits on the blue side and the viper sits on the red side

And don't worry about the car cover. I am in the same boat as you. Love the Viper and wish I could have it all, but there are a lot of other important expenses too. I have a Viper GTS cover that came with the car and I still don't use it. They sell for about $100 used here, but I am in Canada and it would cost a decent chunk of coin to mail to most people here.

Anymore questions just ask away

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good stuff....matching the walls to the car color, that way if you never have an issue about where which car belongs! :)

After you washed (and washed) the floor, did you seal the concrete or do something to it before putting down the tiles? I think the tiles look great and it was my number one choice for floor, but am concerned about them pulling up because the floor continues to make dust. Possibly, once the floor tiles are down, the dust may no longer be an issue.

Now looks like I will have to use paint remover to take off the paint that didn't work, before I do anything else.

Yes, with two kids in sports and major work being done to the house, plus the usual family expenses, the Viper is a low (very low) priority...and the garage is so low down on the list, that I don't think it makes the "first page"!

Anyway, thanks for the advice! I'll post more pics as I continue to make progress.

Cheers all!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4