My new 2Post lift and Epoxy Floor

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many of you have seen my 4 Post Revolution Lift. I added a 2 Post Rotary Lift. After the install, I re-painted my floor.

DSC04058.jpg

DSC04057.jpg

DSC04066.jpg

DSC04088.jpg

DSC04098.jpg

Bravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NICE!
Would you please stop over and do up my floor and detail my car. Man you've got your place really squared away.
You must be registered for see images

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice... Wish my house had a taller garage so I could install a lift such as this.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG...is that a surgical operating room there???? WOW!! FANTASTIC job...and SOOOO organized! Looks GRRRRRRRREAT! ~juli

V

Venomiss

Jerry is also one of the best Viper mechanics for the KC VCA club.
Despite his real job.;)

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice setup. I need one of those. How far apart are the posts? Can you open the doors when the car is on the lift, or is that an optical illusion? Did you get any kind of discount on it?

One more thing....Quit posting pics of RED VIPERS....

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments.

The floor paint that I used was purchased from http://www.epoxy-coat.com/
I first used a diamond grinder on the floor to remove all the previous paint. This took about 10 hours of non-stop grinding. The grinder rented for $250/day.

Now I had raw concrete. I knew it was going to absorb paint like a sponge. I wanted a shiny floor. This means extra paint. For my three car garage, I put down 11.5 gallons of paint.

My 4 post lift is from Revolution. http://revolutionlift.com/ We did a group buy a few years back. We got a great price. The price now is much higher due to the cost of steel prices.

My 2 post lift is from Rotary. Auto Lifts from the leader - Rotary Lift The model is SPOA7LC-RA. It is a low ceiling height asymmetrical lift with Rubber Twist Up Adapters. The front arms are three stage vs. conventional two stage. All of these options make it really nice for sports cars. The cost of this two post lift is about $4700 + Installation.

Boxer12, you are correct. This being an Asymmetrical lift, I can open the Viper doors all the way up and not come near the post. I was worried about this when I was looking at two post lifts.

Since this is an Asymmetrical lift, it staggers the weight rearward about 30 degrees. This is important if you own a car with the engine in the back. The Ford GT is the hardest to get on a lift. If you back up on the lift, the doors will hit. Just FYI.

Thanks Venomiss. I will be turning some wrenches on your Viper very soon.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your garage floor pictures probably makes some of our Canadian friends want to come over for some curling or at least get their ice skates out. :D

V

Venomiss

Thanks for the compliments.

The floor paint that I used was purchased from http://www.epoxy-coat.com/
I first used a diamond grinder on the floor to remove all the previous paint. This took about 10 hours of non-stop grinding. The grinder rented for $250/day.

Now I had raw concrete. I knew it was going to absorb paint like a sponge. I wanted a shiny floor. This means extra paint. For my three car garage, I put down 11.5 gallons of paint.

My 4 post lift is from Revolution. http://revolutionlift.com/ We did a group buy a few years back. We got a great price. The price now is much higher due to the cost of steel prices.

My 2 post lift is from Rotary. Auto Lifts from the leader - Rotary Lift The model is SPOA7LC-RA. It is a low ceiling height asymmetrical lift with Rubber Twist Up Adapters. The front arms are three stage vs. conventional two stage. All of these options make it really nice for sports cars. The cost of this two post lift is about $4700 + Installation.

Boxer12, you are correct. This being an Asymmetrical lift, I can open the Viper doors all the way up and not come near the post. I was worried about this when I was looking at two post lifts.

Since this is an Asymmetrical lift, it staggers the weight rearward about 30 degrees. This is important if you own a car with the engine in the back. The Ford GT is the hardest to get on a lift. If you back up on the lift, the doors will hit. Just FYI.

Thanks Venomiss. I will be turning some wrenches on your Viper very soon.

Thank you very much and take good care of our banana.:)

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will plan on being there tomorrow night. I won’t be in my Viper since it is back at the body shop to fix two paint chips.

Lotus Joe just painted his floor with this same paint. We will need to go over and inspect.

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will plan on being there tomorrow night. I won’t be in my Viper since it is back at the body shop to fix two paint chips.

Lotus Joe just painted his floor with this same paint. We will need to go over and inspect.

Time for a clear bra!! :2tu: Bring your DRB if you remember.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice job, Jerry.....did you do a quick check of how thick your garage floor is for the 2 post unit ?? A lot of people don't check and most residential garage floors are poured at 4 inches ( if you are lucky some concrete guys do NOT check for uniform depth, if a mound of gravel they pour over it ) I feel that you should have at least 6 inches for the two poster model....I have had both and definitely like the four poster, car suspension doesn't hang all the time, and unable to easily put any drip trays under the car IF you park another car under it...just my $.02 for anyone else...thanks !

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Past Ohio, I had the same concerns. The 7k pound lift requires 4.25" depth at 3000 psi strength. Most newer floors are now 3500+ strength. I think the 10k pound lift needs 6" and 12k pound needs 8". If you can torque the lag bolts to 150 Pounds, you are good to go on the PSI rating. If the concrete needs to be re-poured, they want a 4ft x 4ft section removed and upgraded.

I like the 2-post better. It is not good for storing cars but I work on a lot of Exotics. Keeps me from bending over.

The 4-post is much quicker and safer. Oil changes and transmission work = 4-post

I use them both a lot.

V

Venomiss

Past Ohio, I had the same concerns. The 7k pound lift requires 4.25" depth at 3000 psi strength. Most newer floors are now 3500+ strength. I think the 10k pound lift needs 6" and 12k pound needs 8". If you can torque the lag bolts to 150 Pounds, you are good to go on the PSI rating. If the concrete needs to be re-poured, they want a 4ft x 4ft section removed and upgraded.

I like the 2-post better. It is not good for storing cars but I work on a lot of Exotics. Keeps me from bending over.

The 4-post is much quicker and safer. Oil changes and transmission work = 4-post

I use them both a lot.

I don't see any elf pictures posted from your kitchen table.
Thank you for working on our beast.:2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte