My new Viper GTS

kenmo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I introduced myself in the newb section, but thought I'd post up a few pictures and make it "official."

2001 Viper GTS
18500 miles
Mods:

TNT catback
High flow cats
VEC1
CAI
1.7 Rockers
Gears

Last picture is a ****** of the newly purchased H-spokes:

You must be registered for see images

I'm not totally sold on the H-spokes yet, but I think it's a big improvement over the old 18's. I'm planning on some springs and possibly some spacers (ugh) to flush them out with the body a bit more.

Tell me what you think!!

Ken

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks damn ****...I personally prefer the 18s over the H-spokes (I'm a minority) but some springs/caps are definitely in order. Drive the hell out of it!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The H spokes do not look as soft as the 18's. They look great on a Gen2 car.

Welcome

Bruce

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks damn ****...I personally prefer the 18s over the H-spokes (I'm a minority) but some springs/caps are definitely in order. Drive the hell out of it!

I would vote against the H-spokes myself but you do what looks nice to you. That's a beautiful color. Enjoy the ride.

Bob

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The H spokes look great... I think if you lowered it 1-1.5 you would be completely sold on the look.....

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful car, nice color!! No stripes!!!

On the wheels since you asked; Bigger looks better but in this case, I prefer the originals over the H's. Hey, we're getting real selective here; on that car, they both look great :2tu:

Enjoy, welcome the the club:drive:

OP
OP
K

kenmo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments!

Yeah, as said I'm undecided on the wheels. I picked them up for a good price locally. Was nervous riding around on the old tires (originals), so I jumped on the deal.

We'll see what it looks like after it's lowered.

Dave....agreed, the car is pretty curvy for these wheels.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing like Sapphire and I always wondered what my car would look like with H spokes I love H spokes congrats on the car and welcome to the madness!!!!!!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You're another Alberta Sapphire car? Wstrn Cda will soon have all the Sapphire cars I think. That must be about 6 and 1 in Sea-tac Wash.

Congrats on your purchase. Join the VCA and enjoy the benefits (once you've joined you can read the Members Only sections and Illustrated Upgrades. You'll also be allowed to buy raffle tickets on the Bob Lutz's GTS-R.

Read about our events in Viper Magazine. JonB (www.partsrack.com)gives a discount for VCA members which should pay for joining with your first purchase.

Ted

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you don't like the H spokes and want the SRT 5 spokes, let me know. I have a extra set that I am not using.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the insanity. On the H spokes... Too angular on a car that otherwise is comprised entirely of curves. OK, but IMO do not match the car.

+1, those H-spokes belong on a Lambo or an XLR...

funny, i used to think that Anything would beat the ugly stock 5-spoke "truck/wagon" wheels...
-------------------------------------------

Congrats on your Sapphire Viper. Beautiful Color. Enjoy her!

OP
OP
K

kenmo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Spring, TX. Interesting how opinions differ on these wheels!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang