My personal impressions of the Gen V

OP
OP
B

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The gaps do almost look like the same old Viper gaps since 92'. That rubber padding that the clamshell is sitting on should have been recessed and hidden. The show car that I saw in person was so refined. It is what it is, take it or leave it. After all, body gaps and wheel-well gaps have always been a Viper trademark. But don't charge $125K for this though.

...Forget the Viper, did you get any pics of that $2M Lamborghini Elemento in the background?

You must be registered for see images attach

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Woah, Please get off your high horse. I was thinking about answering your post or not, but I think I will anyway.

I'm a huge Mopar fan, that's a fact, everyone that knows me, knows that...

BUT. There are alot of things on alot of cars that Chrysler builds that I, and many others (hope that doesn't shock you) don't agree about when they design and build them. Ride height, tires, wheels, interior, exterior, etc. If people don't complain and keep their mouths shut we would all be driving 'grey', boring, and dull cars.

Am I not right?

So while the gen V is still getting it's feet wet and everyone is SLOWLY getting more and more information about it, like it or not no matter what it is, I'm still going to support it. Everyone has their own opinion.

--RS

When you say "I'm a huge fan and I support the Viper", do you mean like this?

Or have you actually "supported" Viper and ponied up the cash for a new Viper, any Gen?.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I will also get shot down in flames too, but ....... Those GTS pics are not doing it for me :( It would be good if SRT could match the stitching on the interior to the external colour, but i'm sure that would add an additional cost :( I also do not like the look of the ride height or that Black plastic rear panel :( That really should be a carbon or even a carbon lookalike panel. I know there has also been lots of talk on the front end, I too am not sure about it. Personally I like extra fog/ Driving lights.

I think the after market for accessories and upgrades to this car will be huge, But for the suggested price range of this car I thought it would have had some of the above issues ironed out :(

And waits for the abuse :(

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes their is.I like it alot and will be getting me one as soon as I can.Going to try to have the first one he in South Fl.Yes ,this will cost,but whatever....

Hope it comes with a space bar and a VCA membership then you'll be complete.
This was not version of the the car to bring to one of the most prestigious car shows in the world IMO

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope it comes with a space bar and a VCA membership then you'll be complete.
This was not version of the the car to bring to one of the most prestigious car shows in the world IMO

Maybe not but it has laid the groundwork for the Panel Gap Edition, Slammed Edition, Painted Fascia Edition, Foglight Edition, Carbon Fiber Insert Edition, and Body Matched Stiching Edition. See your participating dealer for details on these exciting new limited edition models before they are all gone! :rolaugh:

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow... that Sesto Elemento...

Its only roughly 22x as much as a brand new viper.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***! That gap reminds me of my old GTS! Way to bring the gts look back alright:rolaugh: good luck selling this car to the porche crowd......

Judging by the ride height Ralph and SRT ARE going after the Porsche crowd. The Porsche Cayanne crowd lol. A funny thing happened to the show car on the trip from Javits Center to CAAP. I'm hoping this car was rushed out of CAAP to meet the Peable Beach deadline that's why it looks in shambles compared with the show car. Really hoping they fix the chrome wheels, SUV-itis and the grand canyons between the panel seams before a true Launch Edition.

Looks like Stryker got dumbed down for production. They won't be getting the highend customer en masse at all with this nonsense.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with most here. I love b/w, but that plastic rear is very bad, and where is the carbon accents? The interior is very bland, just a sea of black. I own, two Lambos and Ferrari ect, and have owned 5 Vipers all gens except this new one of course. So I am their target buyer, hopefully SRT will let the buyer option out the car how you want. I also agree with the complaint about the blacked out front. Overall I think the new Viper is great just a few little things SRT could do to make it better. Just my one cent.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know about the car sandwiched between the Lambo and the Viper? Wow!! What make?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin asked me to ask Ralph a question about the gaps on the launch car. I asked Ralph about it this morning and sent him the rear pic, he replied 'That looks likes somebody didn't close it properly, spec is 5mm'. So there you have it.

--RS

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper GTS-R: you have impressive connections. I kinda expected it would be the case regarding the gap.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin asked me to ask Ralph a question about the gaps on the launch car. I asked Ralph about it this morning and sent him the rear pic, he replied 'That looks likes somebody didn't close it properly, spec is 5mm'. So there you have it.

--RS

Now if you could just ask him about the ride height please??:D

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know about the car sandwiched between the Lambo and the Viper? Wow!! What make?

Looks a bit Fisker-ish to me. But the logo doesnt match Fisker.

I actually saw a white car on West Side Hwy in Manhattan with a logo like this about 2 weeks ago. Couldnt get close to figure out what it was. It had a similar profile of a Jaguar XF but nicer looking. Would be nice to know what brand carries this logo.

Last edited:

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks a bit Fisker-ish to me. But the logo doesnt match Fisker.

I actually saw a white car on West Side Hwy in Manhattan with a logo like this about 2 weeks ago. Couldnt get close to figure out what it was. It had a similar profile of a Jaguar XF but nicer looking. Would be nice to know what brand carries this logo.

It looks like the Aston martin logo...you can clearly see 2 words on the rear.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score

....and what about the ride height!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like the Aston martin logo...you can clearly see 2 words on the rear.

Cant see that on my small screen at the moment. I have no idea what it is then.
EDIT: It looks like the Infiniti Emerge concept car. I guess the logo isnt Aston Martin but the Infiniti symbol. Still cant make out this pic but I found the concept on Google and it looks just like this car.

As for the Ferrari's ride height. What does that have to do with the Vipers ride height? Doesn't the Viper or any car look better with a more discreet wheel well gap? My Lexus SUV has a huge wheel well gap that doesnt mean I want to see a huge wheel gap on a Viper especially when it doesn't have to be that way from the factory. You like the wheel gap? Fine. A lot of us don't. Different strokes.

Last edited:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper GTS-R: you have impressive connections. I kinda expected it would be the case regarding the gap.

Impressive connections, not really, I just use Twitter alot. So does Moparboy, and sometimes I feel funny asking Ralph all these questions but I know alot of you guys aren't twitter savy so I don't mind asking and if I get a reply I post it here.

--RS

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant see that on my small screen at the moment. I have no idea what it is then.
EDIT: It looks like the Infiniti Emerge concept car. I guess the logo isnt Aston Martin but the Infiniti symbol. Still cant make out this pic but I found the concept on Google and it looks just like this car.

As for the Ferrari's ride height. What does that have to do with the Vipers ride height? Doesn't the Viper or any car look better with a more discreet wheel well gap? My Lexus SUV has a huge wheel well gap that doesnt mean I want to see a huge wheel gap on a Viper especially when it doesn't have to be that way from the factory. You like the wheel gap? Fine. A lot of us don't. Different strokes.

Beautiful car that Infiniti. Regarding the ride height of the Ferrari, you are reading way too much into my post. Others have said that Ferrari, Lambo, ect.. get the ride height right...why can't the Viper. Well, here's an example of the latest Ferrari with ride height.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful car that Infiniti. Regarding the ride height of the Ferrari, you are reading way too much into my post. Others have said that Ferrari, Lambo, ect.. get the ride height right...why can't the Viper. Well, here's an example of the latest Ferrari with ride height.

Sorry bout that. I mistook your post. You are right in your observation lol. That Ferrari looks bad all around to me but that ride height is just as bad as the Vipers.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm getting old. I remember when ride height was all about the higher the better even on a handling car :lmao:

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm getting old. I remember when ride height was all about the higher the better even on a handling car :lmao:

That car has WAY less wheel gap than the Viper, looks much better! haha

I am glad they are using the rugged Toyota Element design in the rear end, I'm sure there are soccer moms that will bang groceries and their huge keychains against it. :lmao:

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE

I remember that the wing and 17" front end extention would add 300 lbs to the car and made this street version slower than the regular R/T.
Good for the high speed Hemi Nascar model though.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should have added the steering wheel from the 2012 Challenger SRT8 with the fancy trim at 6 o'clock . . ..

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:

If you do not like the cheesy wrap, then have it made of real carbon fiber for $1,000 :brick: your call.
I watched the Leno video posted on this forum and the SRT rep said the production version would have bonafide CF, no wrap.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The front end of the volado rendering is over done, but not much worse than the gen V's IMO. If anything, the front end will hurt sales of the gen V,[ not even talking about the 5mm gaps that should have been 3mm as originally reported] unless they'll quickly change that catfish front,lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960