My QEW waterless wash method. (well, almost waterless)

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get 2 buckets, 1 for rinsing and the other for your QEW/water mixture. I use like 2oz per gallon. I like using 2 ss mitts so I can have one bloom in the rinse bucket while I use the other and alternate. I put like 3 gals in rinse and maybe 1/2 gal of mixture in other.

Soak mitt in mixture and then wring out until not dripping but still pretty wet.

Do 1/2 of larger panels at a time or an entire small panel like a door. Lightly rub in straight line to tremove dirt going with the wind to dry panel with one microfiber and then followup with another waffle weave or mf until fully dry. Shake towels often to remove any dirt on them.

Let ss bloom in rinse bucket and use other ss to do next section.

Repeat this until vehicle finished.

I usually start at top of vehicle and work down to the dirtier areas.

I do this all the time on my daily driver in the winter when it is too cold to wash in the driveway due to freezing temperatures when the car is VERY dirty and get no marring, well atleast no more than you would with a normal wash.

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is QEW if I can be so bold. I know I feel stupid when you tell me but I like feeling that way.
It is made by Protect All and is called Quick Easy Wash. It is sold by RV supply shops as well as Detailing Web Sites. A lot of peole use it to clean their Trailers and RV's due to the water regulations and some mobile detailers use it due to being mobile and not having water or in the winter when temps are below freezing to wash in the garage. Very popular in the detail community.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Frank...I believe that you know what you're doing, but QEW is one thing I have yet to try...it just seems too good to be true. Over the winter it would be a huge help on my daily driver.

Firstly, you start with a dry vehicle, and the first "touch" is made with the wet mitt?

Where can QEW be purchased? Locally?

Does it contain silicones or other oils that would keep me from applying a sealant or wax after a QEW wash?

And, is it a harsh detergent that will strip wax?

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Frank...I believe that you know what you're doing, but QEW is one thing I have yet to try...it just seems too good to be true. Over the winter it would be a huge help on my daily driver.

Firstly, you start with a dry vehicle, and the first "touch" is made with the wet mitt?

Where can QEW be purchased? Locally?

Does it contain silicones or other oils that would keep me from applying a sealant or wax after a QEW wash?

And, is it a harsh detergent that will strip wax?

I got mine up the street at Stolfutz RV Shop on rt 202 near West Chester, not sure if they still carry it, I would call before I made the trip. Of course they also sell it online.

Yes, I start with a dry vehicle and hit it with a wet mitt. I make the mitt real wet so it is almost dripping. I have done this on my black MB C320 many times with no problems or swirls created. If the car is real dirty with a lot of salt and grit I will go to the quarter wash first and just rinse the heavy stuff off with the pressure washer and then drive home and finish it with the QEW in the garage. It will not strip your wax or Zaino. It does leave a little protection on the surface that may slightly interfere with Zaino bonding but a Z6 wipe should remove it if you plan on Zainoing right afterwards. I have Zaino'd after a QEW wash without any major issues but suspect the durability may suffer a little if you dont atleast do a Z6 wipe first.

WADUB56

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 95” viper which has side mount exhaust…. I was told by a very reliable source to never wash your Viper with water because it rots out the side exhaust...any truth to that?

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Never heard of such a thing. I wash my 94 often. I blow it off, use microfiber towels to dry remaining spots and then take it out for a spin. The heat from the exhaust will evaporate any moisture. I think your "reliable source" may be on "unreliable drugs." Enjoy the ride man...there's nuttin' like it. :lmao:

"I want to win Qualitywires.com."