My Roadster has a new Girlfriend !!!!

Dr V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brought home a new girl for the 08 roadster and other mopars in the barn. I think there will be a little jealousy but hopefully they all play nice. :smirk:

Attachments

• 100_0438.jpg
    100_0438.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_0437.jpg
    100_0437.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_0439.jpg
    100_0439.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_0440.jpg
    100_0440.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dr V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:headbang: Very, Very nice!!! How does the new beast drive compared to your viper???

As far as speed and torque, Viper wins. Smoothness and handling, the GT crushes the dodge. Jumping on it at 65mph in 3rd the pull is about equal in both. Honestly though, there is really nothing that compares to a mid-engine car. I have never driven anything like this car.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very cool, congrats

nice synopsis

As far as speed and torque, Viper wins. Smoothness and handling, the GT crushes the dodge. Jumping on it at 65mph in 3rd the pull is about equal in both. Honestly though, there is really nothing that compares to a mid-engine car.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jumping on it at 65mph in 3rd the pull is about equal in both.

till around 100 mph, then the FGT pulls away. i ran one when mine was stock and so did ACRSteve, same result in both races. (different times and different FGT's)

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Honestly though, there is really nothing that compares to a mid-engine car. I have never driven anything like this car.

that's what I thought when drove my friend's Noble M400 the first time :drive:

You must be registered for see images

I'd take the GT over the Noble though ;)

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats (again). I have now put about 1500 miles on my still (for now) low mileage 06. Agree that from standing the Viper pulls harder and I agree that from all the cars I have had the GT is lights years ahead in handling.

The weird part of the GT is the "gawk factor" I have had all 4 Gens of the Viper starting in 95. I am still amazed at how much attention Vipers get after 18 years of being on the road.

In the Viper, folks take notice and it is usually positive. With the GT, it is nuts. Folks hanging out of windows taking pics. Asking for pics of their kids next to the car. My kids, who have grown up with exotic sports cars call the GT the "cartoon car".

Even at car shows the Vette guys (who normally ignore or try to act like the Viper does not exist) ask for rides in the GT. Part of it is the price tag and part of it is 4000 cars in a 2 year period never to be again.

Hope you are getting used to the room it takes to open that door and keeping from getting decapitated.

If you really want to have fun--get the Heffner exhaust---what a sound.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dr V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats (again). I have now put about 1500 miles on my still (for now) low mileage 06. Agree that from standing the Viper pulls harder and I agree that from all the cars I have had the GT is lights years ahead in handling.

The weird part of the GT is the "gawk factor" I have had all 4 Gens of the Viper starting in 95. I am still amazed at how mush attention Vipers get after 18 years of being on the road.

In the Viper, folks take notice and it is usually positive. With the GT, it is nuts. Folks hanging out of windows taking pics. Asking for pics of their kids next to the car. My kids, who have grown up with exotic sports cars call the GT the "cartoon car".

Even at car shows the Vette guys (who normally ignore or try to act like the Viper does not exist) ask for rides in the GT. Part of it is the price tag and part of it is 4000 cars in a 2 year period never to be again.

Hope you are getting used to the room it takes to open that door and keeping from getting decapitated.

If you really want to have fun--get the Heffner exhaust---what a sound.

I keep gawking at it myself in the garage. Im pathetic.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper seats may have more padding but at 6'4" I have a lot more room in the GT. When I get in the Vipers now I notice being cramped more than I used to. (but I still get in them--often)
The Vipers, however have the storage space of a Town Car compared to the GT. I can get golf clubs in a snake--forget the GT--1 cubic foot and hard to find it. Imagine--a less practical car than a Viper.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Smoothness and handling, the GT crushes the dodge.

Curious about this statement. As I am new to Vipers, and have never driven a mid-engine car, would like to know the difference.

Thanks,

Scott

OP
OP
D

Dr V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Curious about this statement. As I am new to Vipers, and have never driven a mid-engine car, would like to know the difference.

Thanks,

Scott

Fom the short time that I have driven the GT, It seems a lot more balanced. The weight is in the center of the car. On the viper there is a V10 hanging over the front wheels. The viper pulls side to side a little more in the straights and the GT is like hands free auto pilot. The Viper is more front heavy, obviously. Kinda like driving a 600 horse go kart. Gt is more like a slalom supercar. Dont get me wrong. I LOVE them both. But they are 2 different worlds. Drummer would probably agree with me.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the explanation. I would give my left, uhh, well, you know:lmao: for your collection.

Very nice indeed.

OP
OP
D

Dr V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love those cars. Looking at a white with blue stripe one in the next couple of days.

Its a lot of coin, but you wont be disappointed. Not to mention they are holding their value better than any other car that I know of. Especially better than the viper.

MichaelThurston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny on the value thing. I really think the GT is overlooked. A true American super car with only 4,000 made. They make (made) more Ferrari's every year. Plus as mentioned above, they have made Vipers for a long time, and the ZR1 looks just like all the other Corvettes. The performance, the looks, the heritage, and the low cost maintenance of an American made car. (7k to change out the Gallardo E gear clutch after as few 10k miles). All that plus a great driving car. Get yours while you can!