My Snake BIT my big brother!!

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a beautiful Sunday here in New York. I thought it was a perfect day to get some pictures of my 2 Vipers together. So I gave my brother a call to see if he would "mind"
laugh.gif
driving one of the cars to a location where I can have a nice background for the cars. He didn't hesitate with saying "yes", although he lives about 45 minutes away, and his wife and son were home!
Now, mind you, he had only driven my 98 Rt/10 once a couple of years ago, and that was just around the block.
I let him take the 2000 GTS creampuff, and I drove the 96 GTS. There's a college campus about 25 minutes away that I thought would be a good location. So, he's following me, we get on a long winding entrance ramp to the expressway, 15mph sign posted, I'm doing about 55-60mph, well...because I do!!! I love to feel all four hugging the road through the turns. I lose sight of him in the rearview mirror. Now we are on the expressway, playing a little "cat and mouse', lets say, just a bit over the speed limit
devil.gif
We get to the college. I look at my brother as he gets out if the car, shaking his head, grinning from ear to ear, and I see it...you know... that look on his face. He's says, "Oh my God Laura, this car is unbelievable, I have to have one"...actually I think his words were, "I need one!!" He went on, and on about how he couldn't believe how fast it is, how it handles, the attention it draws. He said, "We get on the ramp, and the next thing I knew, you were gone", he said, "Here I was "put, putting" along onto the ramp, and I see you moving along, so he figured, ok, "I'll speed up". He couldn't believe the way the car hangs onto the road, at higher speeds, in tight turns. He was definitely, without a doubt Bitten!! Of course, he was then quick to bring it to my attention that, "Hey Laura, you can't drive 2 at the same time, can you?".
laugh.gif
I went to his house later that evening, I think his wife was ready to hang me, she told me that he hadn't stopped talking about the car all day, and how he has to have one.
Laura

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ramp part reminds me of when I treated my brother to VOI 6 for his wedding gift. I was talking to him and as we were about to merge onto the highway a semi was taking up the lane. My brother, apparently thinking I was aware, said kind of worriedly "There's a semi there." I said "I know", downshifted and y'all know what happens next. Brother Jay is still talking about it.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a little worried by the title of the thread that he had an accident in it ("bitten"), glad it was only of the "need one" variety!
smile.gif

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was bitten largely the same way. A friend of mine had a '96 GTS with some Hennessey goodies. He tossed me the keys (knew I was experienced with performance cars) and told me to take it for a spin. Ten minutes later I was absolutely hooked and knew I had to have one, even if it took me 20 years to do it (it took me two).

And Laura, let's see those pictures!
smile.gif

Chris

OP
OP
V

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2KGTS:

And Laura, let's see those pictures!
smile.gif

Chris

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris,
I don't have a scanner. I'm not exactly a "techie". I'll see if I can get someone to do them for me and get some up for you
smile.gif

Laura
devil.gif

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laura, Great Story!! A good sister would just let her Bro cop a snake fix as needed, thus winning the goodwill of sis-in-law along the way! BTW, consider a good digital camera - eliminates the need for the scanner, much more versatile and you can order prints once they are posted so you still have a hard copy! (Plus you don't have to pay to develop the ones you don't like). You have many of the best posts and threads; some pics would be the icing on the cake!
cool.gif

Reaction score
So, Laura..wanna race me MS. Cream pUFF..I am upset that there will be another Venom ms around..
smile.gif
))Copy cat..I am changing my plates to NOGO55..PS- When do I get to see this Blue Monster??

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laura,
I was bitten without even driving one, so i can imagine what your brother must be feeling.

If he starts cleaning out the garage, you know what comes next.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez Laura...you mean he actually caught up to you?!?!? While he was driving the "creampuff"?!?! Wow..and I thought the 2000's (except mine) were too slow to even catch a cold!
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
V

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigsViper:
A good sister would just let her Bro cop a snake fix as needed, thus winning the goodwill of sis-in-law along the way!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Don,
You know, to be quite honest with you, out of my brothers, he is the one I would have no problem throwing the keys to, really, without a hesitation in the world. I have offered before, but he has said that he doesn't want to be responsible, God forbid something should happen. I guess he knows how I really feel about my cars! Whether I tell him don't worry about it or not, I don't think he would accept the offer!! As for the sister in law, she'll never understand...not into cars
laugh.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BLKVENOM:
I am changin my plates to NOGO55<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tony,
You put that on your plate, you'll have every New York cop pulling you over, even when you are standing still, IMO definitely not a good idea, just asking for trouble!!!!

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laura, When I posted this it was somewhat tongue-in-cheek... Would I let my brother use my car anytime? Sure but he wouldn't want to for similar responsibility issues as your Bro. Would I be happy with a borrowed Snake? Only until I could buy one myself (which I'm sure your brother can). I used to have a philosophy that came with a saying... The only thing better than having a (insert desired object here ie: private jet, lake house, ski chalet etc.), is to have a friend with a (insert same object here). THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO A VIPER!!!!!!!!!!
cool.gif

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story. The idea of having two Vipers makes me very happy. Would you like to adopt another brother?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire