My Viper is now Dead

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JonB's comments about tires are very accurate. My '02 RT10 only had 8K miles on it but the were six years old. They didn't feel like hockey pucks so age played a factor.

Don't get me worng, I'm not blaming tires, I screwed up by trying to avoid the critter but it happened so fast. The tree I hit is no more than 100 yards from the stop sign I started from so I'm thinking I was going 40 - 45 with I spun.

The new '02 RT10 I'm taking delivery on next Thrsday also only has 8K miles but the first upgrade it's getting is new rubber.

VENUM INJECTION

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man I am so sorry for your loss. Amazing looking care even when she is limping. I really hope the insurance looks at her with compassion and says they can rebuid her better, stronger, faster, than before. Keep us posted.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No wonder the bee got angry. Someone yanked the intake tubes and the V10 was snorting so much crap through the butterflies that the exhaust was spitting dirt!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Seriously though, glad you're alright. Too bad it's not one of those things you can just slap an aftermarket hood on and go back to driving it.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I hate to see another Gen II down the drain. Thank god nobody was hurt. I guess the car can be replaced.

Twans97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss man, tough break. Good luck with the insurance and hopefully you'll be able to reload. Let us know what happens. Glaed everyone is alright

Grape

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No no no, its my low emissions conversion. Spruce in, dirt out.

The motor is sitting low on the right side and the transmission will not shift so it is definitely not a quick fix unfortunately.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The motor is sitting low on the right side and the transmission will not shift so it is definitely not a quick fix unfortunately.

Considering that the hood replacement with paint and install is about half the total value of the car, there is absolutely no question that your car is totalled. I'm sorry to see it man. Start thinking about what's next though, 'cause that baby is toast.

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Considering that the hood replacement with paint and install is about half the total value of the car, there is absolutely no question that your car is totalled. I'm sorry to see it man. Start thinking about what's next though, 'cause that baby is toast.

I still can't believe how much vipers have gone down in price... damn economy... please pick back up!!!

OzeViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As everyone else says, Sorry for your loss. I hope if when I'm in the same situation, I hit the dog. As a truck driver, I'm now hardwired to drive strait, no swerving for anything. Something I recommend if you can, is to buy the car back from the salvage company. My brother had a 70SS Camaro that had an engine fire, insurance totaled it out and my brother bought it back for $600 from the salvage company.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You're just going "green" to do your part for Mother Earth...I applaud you!

My niece is crushed...she loved your car at the Pig Roast and will only collect Bumble Bee die-casts now!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're just going "green" to do your part for Mother Earth...I applaud you!

My niece is crushed...she loved your car at the Pig Roast and will only collect Bumble Bee die-casts now!

I currently have my 1:43 GTS from the Great Garages display at the bodyshop on the other side of the road from my work that normally only works on 1:1 cars, and as of yesterday everything but the engine bay (yes, as small as the thing is he masked it off inspite of me saying just throw it in a bucket of paint solvant :2tu:) is sanded down ready to be painted PYR (Viper Race Yellow) and black stripes.
I hope he will put in a small bottle with leftover paint 'cause then I'm painting the valve covers as well :D The guy is really top knotch and knows his stuff, after this I just might give him my 1:12 RT/10 which, believe it or not, has similar paint problems on the hood that the real cars had :dunno:

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that have emailed me if the car is totaled and able to be bought back it is already sold, parts and everything. i have no intention of parting it out, someone else on here will.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya know, it's 'easy' to say just HIT THE DOG...well, reflexes being as they ARE, most times just 'kick in'...and we swerve. There is NO blame to be placed here, just very very unfortunate and sad. ~juli

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't regret dodging. There was always a possibility of hitting it and going out of control as well possibly sending me into on-coming traffic. No one and nothing was hurt so it's alright. Just a car, it most likely will be replaced by me one day, just with one of a different color. I don't think I could get another bee.

HOWFAST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss. I can't view the pictures at work but I will check it out when I get home. At least you are ok....

Gus//

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been there. Done that. And, back!
You will have another SNAKE ...:2tu:

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hadn't heard from insurance all this week so I called for a status on my vehicle. I was transferred to the total loss department who said they would call me back. The car is totaled.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hadn't heard from insurance all this week so I called for a status on my vehicle. I was transferred to the total loss department who said they would call me back. The car is totaled.

No surprise there. And really, would you want the car after that level of repair?

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car was a total loss, but it is not totaled. The insurance company is asking 19,082 to purchase the vehicle back so I will not be going that route.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car was a total loss, but it is not totaled. The insurance company is asking 19,082 to purchase the vehicle back so I will not be going that route.

yeah, almost $20K to purchase the carcass, probably 20-30K to repair it, and you'll have a salvage title. Definitely smart to walk away. I hope they take care of you with the reimbursement check....

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pollup - I'm just seeing this. I am so sorry for the loss. I know how much you loved that car.

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dude that ***** but you are ok. Take solace in that fact and go out there and enjoy another car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang