My viper looks like it's total due to an ass cutting me off! pics

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: My viper looks like it\'s total due to an ass cutting me off! pics

SHELBY3 on this forum went thorugh an apraiser..hers the right up..

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me introduce myself. I am John Holmes!! Submit all jokes here. I am the Vehicle Appraiser that contacted Jim to help. I am sure I did. I work for I-VAN. You can go to www.i-van.org to check us out. Please if you have a modified car or any other classics get them appraised by someone in our national organization. It is easier to prove value before the accident. It will lesson your pain!!
Everyone in our organization is a car guy. I own a 71 Pantera with a 351w efi set up!!! I also just got back form the One Lap of America a month ago!

Johnny

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lauri and ab glad to hear you guys are alright.Hope everything works out easy for you guys with the insurance companies.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about your loss ab and glad you both are OK! I have State Farm. They were friendly when I took out a mailbox sideways and curbed the opposite side last year. My rates did go up but in NY, my wife and I took a Defensive Driving Course. It lowered our rates 10% for each of us. It was just a 6 hour class. I have no points on my license but the course would have removed 3. Best of luck and I guarantee you will be back on the road.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

pics didn't show up for me, my guess is that there are parts/mods that have not been damages and may be reusable or saleable if removed from the car that may help to recoup some of you expense and most importantly you and your passenger are ok. you can replace the vehicle

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I feel your pain. As mentioned, I went through this a year and a half ago and it wasn't pleasant. The first people you encounter with insurance companies will do their best to low ball your settlement. They will work you like a used car salesman. I had to go to the head of Allstate in the state of Texas to finally get a fair settlement.

The best advice I can give you is pay for your own appraiser, one who specializes in exotic performance vehicles. Their appraiser will likely be subcontracted and motivated to submit a number favorable to the insurance company in order to get repeat business. He will also stare at your Viper as if looking at a space ship, mine did. My appraiser, John Holmes saved the day for me as he had solid data to support his appraisal, the insurance company did not.

Email me your contact number if you want to talk directly and I'll give you more of the story. Good luck getting a fair settlement and your next car.

BTW the mechanic who wrecked my car had State Farm. Their initial position was that performance mods actually devalued the car. That's why I stopped right there and filed with my own insurance Allstate who then subrogated to the shop insurance company for reimbursement of my settlement. It took them over a year to get their money.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I took Shelby3's and Adam's advise and have contacted The International Vehicle Appraisers Network (I-VAN)

I hope they can help...

Lauri

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I took Shelby3's and Adam's advise and have contacted The International Vehicle Appraisers Network (I-VAN)

I hope they can help...

Lauri

Lauri, same offer to you if you want to talk directly, pm me your phone number. Best of luck in your situation.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sorry to hear that guys, thankfully you both are OK.

as sweet as both those cars were, they're still replaceable

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I just woke up this morning. Had a very hard time going to sleep. Man do I feel sick to my stomach not knowing which way to go with this. I read Shelby's thread, but wasn't sure if my situation would be different due to the fact that I was driving and got cut off and went into a tail spin. The more I think about this the more I realize how lucky I am. We were on the interstate with a fair amount of traffic but don't ask me how, but whe we spun in circles, we managed not to hit anyone or get hit. The person who cut me off did it so abruptly and then hit his/her brakes...then obviously took off while we sat in a ditch. The only witness I have is my passenger, but since there are no other cars involved, I don't know if a witness is going to do any good. Bascially it going to be what will Statefarm cover. All my upgrades have been well documented, but never reported to the insurance company.

Shelby: I emailed you my number.

Jon: I may take you up on your offer...but I will have to wait and see what happens. Thanks for not heckling me on this one! LOL! You do have a soul. ha!

Lauri: Man I also feel for you. Kinda feels like part of you has been ripped away huh? I know it does with me since my car represented to me the years of asking questions and sweat and tears not to mention the therapy it gave me when I worked on it or drove it...

Keep the advice/experiences coming...I figure the more knowledge I have the better. After all this clears, I guess I will be looking for another viper, but right now I am still shook that I am no dead.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jon: I may take you up on your offer...but I will have to wait and see what happens. Thanks for not heckling me on this one! LOL! You do have a soul. ha!

It wasnt in jest, if you need a hand, let me know. You know I have a soul, and right now, it feels your pain. So sorry.

Jon

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

oh no Adam, I just saw this thread and I'm so sorry my brother! I'm so glad your ok though. Keep your chin up. Have you thought about spending a couple grand for a laywer? I think the way statefarm works is no matter if it's your fault or not if they have (2) instances, they can count it as one "at fault". Do u have ANYTHING else on your record from 3 years to now?
Call Doug Levin, he's done this many times with other customers, helping them get a good price. REmember Mike in Tampa? How he totalled his ACR ? Might want to PM him and talk to him and use his knowledge........

Keep us posted and document everything.

Gerald

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

yeah Jon, I know you do...I have to get another viper so we can keep this board entertained. Thanks friend!

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adam, I'm very sorry and shocked to here about your accident.

I was hit head on several years ago in a highly modified 4x4. Myself and the guy who hit me had State Farm and they would only pay for the value of a stock truck. So, I towed it to my house and called my buddy who had the same truck, only stock, and we spent the weekend swapping parts. Made out ok except for the labor involved.

Another time I rolled a vehicle with a bunch of mods and bought it back from the insurance company for $500 and fixed it myself.

I don't know, the pictures didn't come up for me so I don't know how bad it is, maybe parting it out is the way to go?

Let me know if I can help in any way, and best of luck to you.

Jim

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about your car and glad you are okay.

When I had a similar accident (but my car was fixable), State Farm charged me one point since no one else was involved. My rates inched up a bit.

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hope all works out for you . Why are the pics gone today but where there last night .

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

440Media_Photo_010706_001-med.jpg

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very sorry to hear about this AB. Keep you chin up and remember that life can throw some pretty hard things at you sometimes. However, you have to remember that your Viper gave you many years of pleasure and you can duplicate those good times with another Viper in the near future. This is a time to rely on friends and family for support. Hang in there and keep your spirits up, my man.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I think I had additional coverage on my viper. Statefarm said it was called "Endorsments"? What is that. I recall calling my agent about upgrades coverage which I hope that is what this is. The operator from statefarm could not explain what it was for but other than additional coverage. So this maybe good news hopefully. I will have to wait until Monday to find out what additional coverage I have.

Also too kiddies...if you have upgrades on your Viper..I would suggest calling your insurance company about additional coverage...I never thought something so stupid like what happened to me would kill my car....but it did.

I hope the "endorsement" part has nothing to do with the amount of miles I can drive...I think my limit is 7K per year which is no big deal since I stay below that. I get an additional discount since it's not my daily driver.

You guys are all great for the support!! Seriosously!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good to hear and most important is that you and your passenger are OK.

After the dust has settled, you will find yourself in another snake very soon!

I am sorry to learn that another silver GTS has gone...

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey

I hope they can help...

Lauri

Should get you a large settlement. lol

Glad you all are ok.

I had Allstate, they would cover up to 3-5,000 without additional charge. After that, additional charges were based on each 1,000 unit. Receipts were mandatory.

A good adjuster/appraiser is a must.

KARMA will come upon the ass.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

ab, sorry to hear about your and Lauri's misfortunes. I had the same type of encounter and the exact same result with a clueless big asp SUV driver that came into my lane, however, I was in a rental car on a business trip. Some drivers just ****! Good luck with your claim and I know you'll be putting another beauty together soon with all the knowledge and experience you've accumulated. It will be easier the second time around and probably more gratifying. Maybe you could change your board name to "THE PHOENIX"! :D Please keep us informed of your progress. Take care.

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hate to say it, but State Farm might not include the modifications in their appraisal value, due to the fact that they were performance mods.

Pretty sure my Allstate policy limits compensation for mods to $1,000 (that popped up as a policy change a couple years ago).

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hate to say it, but State Farm might not include the modifications in their appraisal value, due to the fact that they were performance mods.

Pretty sure my Allstate policy limits compensation for mods to $1,000 (that popped up as a policy change a couple years ago).

Well, that would REALLY make my day. :( I must have around 50-60K in this one... :(
I never thought about selling it, it was a keeper (forever), so I did not even bother to count the hours and money spent into it.
It was therapy and joy for me. I loved my car.
I just never thought the possibility that in a second or two it would be GONE!!
I'm really devastated...

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ab,

Sorry to hear and see your loss, but the good thing is you are ok and the car can be fixed/replaced.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks Russ!

Lauri...man I totally understand.

I am not sure how quickly I will buy another Viper right now. I know the Viper is in my blood and this has to be the coolest car club around also...so it would be very hard not to get another. If I do get one depending on what I get back from my insurance, I think I will look for another 1998 or 1999 so keep your eyes peeled for a nice one....

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Condolences to Adam and RedEnuf, so sorry to hear of your loss. But I'm glad no one is hurt, and there are no fatalities. Sounds awkward to say right now when you are heartbroken over your cars, but that would be the worst thing.

Fight them insurance guys, because they are trained to first deny any claims, as a matter of policy. Many claims don't have to get paid at all if they deny first off, and that increases their bottom line, because they know many people will just walk away, or don't have the time and energy to fight for their rights. So while you need to stay calm, you do have to stay on them, and fight for your maximum settlement.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dam Adam,
Sorry to hear about this, especially when you put so much effort into the car. See if you can buy it back from the insurance company and rebuild her :2tu:

Remember, the most important thing was you weren't hurt :2tu:

Mike

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sux, AB! At least you and your passenger walked away unscathed. As much as it hurts, the car can be replaced. This is the second time in the last few weeks that someone on these boards has been forced off of the road by a *****.

S

SUN RA KAT

This makes me feel sick - it was a truly great Viper and I feel priveleged to have seen it live at LaSalle Auto Show in Cincinnati last year.

At least you and your passenger are OK.

I pray the insurance company treats you right.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96