My VOI 11 Story

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So VOI 11 was absolutely fantastic. It lived up to all my expectations and then some. Hats off to Chris and Mary Marshall, the rest of our national officers, and all the volunteers that helped make this great event possible! It could not have been done with out you!!

My wife and I headed out the 29th (our wedding anniversary) to SLC to make sure we were all rested up for the coming week. If you have ever been to a VOI you know once you hit dinner on the first night you do not stop till the last day. We got checked into out hotel room and got settled in.

CIMG1718.JPG

CIMG1716.JPG

CIMG1704.JPG

CIMG1706.JPG

VIEW FROM THE ROOM
CIMG1703.JPG

We went to get dinner at the Cheesecake Factory which is always delicious and then headed back to the room to just relax for the next day.

"GRAND CARAVAN" CARS ROLLING IN.
CIMG1721.JPG

BEAUTIFUL SLC SUNSET
CIMG1723.JPG

The next day was a drivers meeting at Little America to get an idea of what will go on at MMP.
CIMG1728.JPG

PARKED OUT FRONT OF THE GRAND AMERICA. THE LAGUNA SECA CAR.
CIMG1729.JPG

SHOP TILL YOU DROP AND BOY DID WE EVER...
CIMG1736.JPG

Cash bar opened at 6:30 on Thursday and boy was it crowed
CIMG1741.JPG

Ohio sitting down to dinner and getting reacquainted with each other.
CIMG1746.JPG

THE MAIN STAGE AT VOI 11
CIMG1747.JPG

Dinner was great and everyone was buzzing with anticipation for the days to come. Dodge night was sure to be my favorite....:)

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Breakfast the next day before the scenic cruise
CIMG1758.JPG

Well got staged up outside the so we could leave as a group.
CIMG1762.JPG

On our way to the first stop. QUICKSRT10/SRT8 in the rear view....as usual.;)
CIMG1764.JPG

Vipers all lined up at the first stop on the scenic cruise.
CIMG1766.JPG

Don't see a lot of this back in Ohio.
CIMG1768.JPG

Here we have some images from the drive to Park City, UT.
CIMG1776.JPG

CIMG1784.JPG

Another stop on the way to Park City. One of the Olympic Parks.
CIMG1785.JPG

CIMG1787.JPG

DON'T KNOW HOW I GOT INTO THAT THING.
CIMG1791.JPG

We arrive at Park City and get parked for the massive car show (of Vipers:)) in downtown.
CIMG1796.JPG

CIMG1799.JPG

AN INTERESTING FIND. YES, THAT IS A 300 WITH A VIPER V/10 IN IT!
CIMG1800.JPG

We stopped to have lunch at a place called "Zoom." Good food and really needed at that point.
CIMG1802.JPG

The more and more I look at this picture I really like it. Especially with the american flag flying in the background.
CIMG1806.JPG

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We headed back to the hotel (taking the long way) to get ready for dinner that night.

A stop along the way back
CIMG1810.JPG

THERES QUICK IN THE REAR VIEW AGAIN ;)
CIMG1815.JPG

After a little time to catch a break it was back at to get off site at Olympic Skate park for dinner.
CIMG1816.JPG

CIMG1820.JPG

There were five different stations for food that night. I liked the dessert station the best :)
CIMG1821.JPG

We got to see the new 2011 Challenger drag pack which includes a Viper V/10. It also has viper seats in the interior.
CIMG1825.JPG

It was a fantastic evening and after that it was right back to the hotel to go to bed. We were getting up at 4 a.m. to leave the hotel by 5 a.m. to try to get a good spot for the photo that day.

CIMG1827.JPG

Everyone getting their cars clean for the photo
CIMG1834.JPG

Front row indeed. :)
CIMG1838.JPG

I just like this photo. The sun was just coming up and the hood was looking really sweet.
CIMG1841.JPG

SRT test drive was next on our plate. I drove the Challenger and 300. Both really fun to drive. Maybe one day I will have one.
CIMG1846.JPG

Next up was the track. While I did not go around it was really neat to see everyone out there having a great time.
CIMG1850.JPG

QUICKSRT10/SRT8 NOT IN MY MIRRORS FOR ONCE. ;)
CIMG1853.JPG

THE ACTUAL NURBURGRING CAR. I COULD NT BELIEVE MY EYES. WHAT A TREAT FOR THE OWNERS THAT DID NOT BRING THEIR VIPERS.
CIMG1858.JPG

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the track was lunch and we decided to eat at one of the local stands at the track. All kinds of stuff. From nacho's to burgers. Before lunch however we stopped by fellow VCA Ohio members Jim and Kathy Stout to see how they were doing and of course....Check out their vipers. :)

Group photo
CIMG1870.JPG

Dodge had a nice display at the track. Lots of history cars there.
CIMG1876.JPG

This will go in another thread as well. :)
CIMG1882.JPG

Then we were on to autocross. By far one of my favorite events. I may not be the fastest but it sure is fun to go out there and throw the car around that course.
CIMG1886.JPG

We skipped go karts and opted to go back to the hotel to get ready for the "Dodge Night" dinner. Man oh man what a night. Dinner was excellent yet again and there was a great auction that night that helped raise a lot of money for our club (national) to help with the costs of VOI. One of our own VCA Ohio members did the auction as he is trained to do such things and all I can say is if you did not go to VOI...YOu missed one heck of a show. :)
CIMG1889.JPG

Ralph addressed the crown this night and man what a speaker. He had me ready to go home and sell my current ride to get a new Dodge Product. He teased us with some photos of the new generation viper and "ode to viper" was even done from the view point of the car. Truly a great speech.

They sent us in groups to see the new car. It's almost exactly as I pictured it would be. I stood there and just stared at it for a good 25 min. Trying to take it all in as they took all cameras and cell phones before we entered the room. I am so excited about this car it makes me want to sell my GEN. IV to make room for the new one. It was shown in coupe format. Just stunning. Hopefully there will be a vert/roadster down the road. We finally got out of that room at about midnight and made our way to bed to get ready for the next day.

Sunday is now here and boy were we tired. We enjoyed taking our time getting up this day and actually had brunch at the hotel which by the way if you did not get to you missed out. We just kinda took it easy and made our way to the track a little before the last race of the day. The ACR-X race. Here is a pic of our good friend Jim Stout getting ready to take to the track
CIMG1915.JPG

We did get rained on. It was crazy. The wind picked up all of a sudden and before we knew it there were chairs and tables getting blown around. After the race we headed back to the hotel and got ready for a little dinner.

The event was great and I am so glad I was able to make the trip out to SLC to be a part of it. I hope we will be able to do this again in a couple if years and perhaps we will be getting to see the GEN. V viper in production ready form. :) Boy oh boy. :)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sapphire Bob, no Sapphire/silver Viper?????

You must be registered for see images

Here's an action pic.

Joe Christopherson (Wash club) and I were at the Park City when the cops were speaking with 'certain drivers'. As we were leaving there were a few burnouts done in front of us. At the end of the car lineup Joe did a little squeek in his Sapphire/silver and ... ooopps, the cop at the right is directing traffic. Joe grabbed the brakes and pulled up to the cop (he was smiling) and in a meek tone asked, "What's the fastest way out of town?" The police officer pointed to our right.

Hang around with me and sh*t happens
Ted

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures...hope all had fun....looks like the arrangements were again first class !!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang