Mystery Switch 96 RT/10

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Previously I had this switch (unused switch next to fog light switch) connected to my garage door opener, since we moved, I now have
a gate to the driveway and the garage door to open, to get the snake into the snake pit for the night...

This is a pretty fine detail, but has anyone found a mopar dual position switch that will fit into the
same cutout, even if the switch looks different? This way I could operate both openers...IT may
seem trivial, but its bugging me...

thx
Tomer

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at some old Jeep Cherokees (maybe walk around a boneyard?); they had a rocker switch for the rear wiper/washer where you toggled up to turn on the wiper, and had a momentary switch you pushed down to activate the washer. Not sure if the size is right though....

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tomer,
Seems to me that since you had your garage door opener wired to the switch, as do I, which triggered the battery source in the opener, that you could connect both openers (gate and garage) to the same switch wires, and both openers would trigger their respective battery source. All the switch is doing is momentarily closing the opener switch to send the signal. Both would happen together, if that is what you want.
Later,

OP
OP
T

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don, thats a great idea! I would prefer to be able to operate the gate/door independently, but hey,
if I can't find a nice switch, one very close to the fog light switch in looks, then I will use your
suggestion!!

thx
Tomer