N/A 10 second passes....

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a track day yesterday with the Scottsdale Exotic Car Club at one of our local tracks. The track wasn't hooking at all when we first got there and they had to reglue it a couple of times. My first pass I aborted the run because the tires just spun like I was on ice.

The second pass, the car still spun after launch and I pedaled it to a 10.7 @ 132. That was with only a 1.67 60'. The car has been in the low 1.5x range before.

The third pass, the car actually bogged on it's way to a 10.8 @ 135! That was only a 1.60 60', too.

If I get the car out of the hole right, I believe it can go about 10.5x @ 135-ish.

Pretty cool for a N/A car on 91 pump gas that I drove to and from the track. :nana:

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out there too and had the same problem hooking up. That had to be the worst prepped track I have ever run on. I have the Michelin PS2's and on all three runs I aborted because I was I was spinning all the way through 1st and 2nd gear. The third pass I walked the car off the line then gave it a little more once out of the hole and it spun out once again. I ended up giving up on the track at that point. Maybe I should have stayed a little longer. Sounds like you had a great pass! What all is in the RSI 750 package? What tires were you running on?

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out there too in the yellow RT/10. You guys have a lot more HP than me and even I had to bog my car out of the hole. My PS2's did give me a new best ET of 12.23 @ 114.960 over the stock Pilots. I'm still wondering why my MPH was down. I usually trap 116-117?

It was a good to see so many Vipers out there. The Porsches did clean up, though. Those Evolution Motorsport guys were trapping high 130's and some into the 140's. Unbelievable!

Mike
2001 RT/10

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, That is a great time on that track.You have a nice looking RT/10. My mom was out there and she asked if your car was a Porsche because it looked so different from my GTS. My question is: what makes the difference between a well prepped track and and a poorly prepped one? I ran my third pass right after they had resprayed it around noon but it was still slippery. Then it sounds like it got better later on. Was it all the dust blowing around in the morning?

OP
OP
K

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The high-points are a 510 stroker engine, heads, exhaust, gears, etc. etc. I run it on slicks. In the street, I run Hoosier R6's, 345/30-19.

Speedworld usually hooks up quite a bit better than Firebird. I think that the temperature was just a little too cool in the morning hours for the VHT to set up properly.

If you have 18" wheels, I suggest gettign some Kumho V700's. When my car was relatively stock, (catback exhaust, K&N intake), I was cutting 1.7x 60' times and the car was running consistent 11.7x's @ 121-ish.

lilviv

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The high-points are a 510 stroker engine, heads, exhaust, gears, etc. etc. I run it on slicks. In the street, I run Hoosier R6's, 345/30-19.

Speedworld usually hooks up quite a bit better than Firebird. I think that the temperature was just a little too cool in the morning hours for the VHT to set up properly.

If you have 18" wheels, I suggest gettign some Kumho V700's. When my car was relatively stock, (catback exhaust, K&N intake), I was cutting 1.7x 60' times and the car was running consistent 11.7x's @ 121-ish.
I am new to Vipers, so forgive the question . . . but is the transmission stock other than gears with different ratios? What I'm trying to figure out is how strong the stock transmission is. :)

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary Javo has driven a GTS into the 8's with a stock transmission.

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg, Thanks for the info. I have 20's in the rear so I guess I'd need to get a track only set of tires and wheels. I agree with you about Speedworld. Their track is usually better prepped than Firebird for traction but not this time.