NAPA Battery - is this the right one for my Viper?

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Today I removed the battery cover from my new to me 2006 SRT10 Coupe to see what battery is in there before ordering a Battery Tender for winter hibernation.

The battery in the car is a Napa 7534 N that appears brand new with a date code of Oct / 1 (assuming this is October, 2011). Is this the correct battery for my Viper? Should I swap it out or is it OK to keep?

Jon

OP
OP
J

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks - this is my first Viper and as much time as I have spent as a spectator on these forums over the years there is so much I have learned about this car in 2 days of ownership.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I bought the NAPA "Platinum" series Battery. (700 cca I believe) Kinda expensive , (Around $200.00) but it fits perfect & cranks the engine very good. And I have to let car sit in garage weeks at a time. I believe it's the best battery on the market. Also comes with a 7 yr. wty.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Sears Batteries, lots of warranty, plenty of stores everywhere (so you can send a VCA buddy to exchange it for you if it strands you) and they've always rewarded me with plenty of years of service....never an issue.

Regards,
Aaron

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use Sears Batteries, lots of warranty, plenty of stores everywhere (so you can send a VCA buddy to exchange it for you if it strands you) and they've always rewarded me with plenty of years of service....never an issue.

Regards,
Aaron

This. On the advice of many on this forum, I bought a DieHard Platinum last February to replace the Autozone whatever that a previous owner had installed.