NARRA Event (Viperdays) @ TWS Video

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a couple of my laps at TWS this past weekend. The track was running Counter Clockwise and the heat was roughly 95 out. It was a great weekend and a great event.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IFaC92Dwq0[/media]

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great driving. Thats the same configeration as the '05 finals I went to, and if I remember correctly, your times are verrrrry fast. How did you do in your group?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very smooth! great video, how did the car temps do in the heat?

that would be wild to run a course counter-clockwise, only did it once at Gingerman-we ran it both directions for a day.

OP
OP
F

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments!

The track is very fun. It is my home track so I have run it both CW and CCW. Temps on the car were roughly 220 this weekend at the highest. I have run with 104 ambient temps and the coolant temp got to about 235 -240 before I called it a session.

Brad04, These were pretty quick times but nothing compared to the Comp Coupes. I ran 1st all weekend in White but 2.5 seconds per session. The only session I didn't get 1st was when Bernie K ran his comp coupe in a session for testing. Ben Keating ran a 1.44 :0 this weekend as well.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very smooth steering input, and surprisingly little shifting!

Best I've done in my Prepared GTS on Hoosiers was a high 1:53. And that's rowing through the 'box pretty heavily. Wish I could have made it, but I traveled a lot during August and had no time to get the car set up.

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim, thanks for posting the video, it was a great weekend and a successful weekend with little damage done plenty of learning and a shared with a lot of friends.

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tim, if it wasn't for the G meter on the video, it almost seems like you're out for a sunday cruise lol, very smooth and fast :drive:

OP
OP
F

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tiago, it was a nice Sunday cruise actually :)

Vic, Yes it was the Black/Graphite Stripe SCR with the Polished Sidewinders on it.

Richard/Beth, I have a 1st and 2nd place trophy for both of you. You guys left to soon to collect it. I have it and will get it to you the next time I see you guys.

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great video! What camera system were you using that has the track map and guages? Thanks for sharing it.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to work and could not make this event. Its my local track too. What happened to the comp coupe that was damaged? Ben is an awesome driver and heard he really dominated the race on Sunday. Cant believe he is not doing like Woodhouse and running in the Pro WC series.

OP
OP
F

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a Traqmate with Chase Cam combination. It automatically syncs the video to the track data. It really helps to study segment times and find where you are loosing and gaining time.

Great video! What camera system were you using that has the track map and guages? Thanks for sharing it.

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim:

Thanks for picking up the trophies, had no idea we had won anything. See you on the 20th hopefully.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smokin times!!!! I need to follow you for a few laps! What set up are you running (height, tires, etc?)

Thanks for posting the video!

OP
OP
F

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smokin times!!!! I need to follow you for a few laps! What set up are you running (height, tires, etc?)

Thanks for posting the video!

I am running rough track height and a full track alignment. I have the Hoosier R6's with the 18 -19 combo. I am out there quite a bit so let me know when you want to go out.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured you had been lowered a bit ;) PM me your info and we'll make a run out there! I was banging the rev limiter into 7 - you made a shift to 4th...I have a long way to go :drive:

I am running rough track height and a full track alignment. I have the Hoosier R6's with the 18 -19 combo. I am out there quite a bit so let me know when you want to go out.

OP
OP
F

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why yes Dean I did :). The organizers said that due to heat that we could. I normally wear jeans either way. I had a cool shirt on so I should have wore a long sleeve too. I did put a suppression system in the car though.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm speechless. TWS in a Viper in August is horrible, but I've never seen driver gear requirements relaxed on account of weather.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm speechless. TWS in a Viper in August is horrible, but I've never seen driver gear requirements relaxed on account of weather.

Certain clubs have been relaxing requirements at Sebring for a few years. Kinda nice to see some reasonable changes backing off on the safety factor if you ask me.

10BamBam01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my first Viper and after seeing this ... I MUST DO IT!!! Does normal car insurance cover us at events like this? Yes, I'll check with my agent when I get a chance but just wondering. I'd love to do this but not if I'm taking all the risk of repair if I crack it up.