National Drive Your Viper to Work Day?

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Apparently next Friday, June 26, is the 9th annual National Drive Your Corvette to Work Day. I never heard of it until I ran across it in the paper today.

I searched but I could not find a similar event for the Viper. Did anyone ever attempt to get something like this started and it just never took off or what?

I think I"ll drive my Elvira to work next Friday just so the roads won't be so biased as long as there's no chance of rain, of course. I guess I can give up the bike for one day in my life.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only see about 60 to 80 a day. Will I notice any more on that day?

I really, really hope the closest Vipers come to having a day like that it is a Take Your Viper To The Track Day.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I really, really hope the closest Vipers come to having a day like that it is a Take Your Viper To The Track Day.

I like the "Take Your Viper To The Track Day" initiative and support the motion... :drive:

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Apparently next Friday, June 26, is the 9th annual National Drive Your Corvette to Work Day. I never heard of it until I ran across it in the paper today.

I searched but I could not find a similar event for the Viper. Did anyone ever attempt to get something like this started and it just never took off or what?

I think I"ll drive my Elvira to work next Friday just so the roads won't be so biased as long as there's no chance of rain, of course. I guess I can give up the bike for one day in my life.
If we had one, not too many people would notice anyway. Not enough Vipers and I like it that way!!! :2tu: Only 3 in my county and maybe a half dozen in Charleston County right around the corner! A 16 year old Viper still gets more attention than any Vette I have owned. I know we have some Vette guys and I am a former one. I do still really like Vettes but I just like the Viper more!

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When you're in the Viper, every day is a track day. Well, not really but a guy can pretend.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh NOW yer' talkin':2tu:

I vote for even if you DON'T want to ever track your Viper, at least go hang OUT at NARRA/Viper days, hop in a car for a hot lap and see what this car can do! I would bet most everybody would be shocked.

If spirited driving on the street is a 2, a Viper on the track is a 6-7 and a comp coupe is a 10 :rolaugh::D

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First time I ever went to Viper days at Putnam Park, our local VCA club had a mtg there. Skip came up to the class and asked if anyone wanted a ride in one of the comp coupes, of course I said yes!

A lot of the run groups are doing what is called a 'Performance Day experience', trying to get more people interested in going to the track. The PCA I run with lets you sit in the classroom sessions and takes you out on the track with an instructor for 2 sessions so you can get the track experience.

Passengers are allowed at Viper Days? :omg:

OP
OP
R

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drove mine to work today so the roads wouldn't be so biased with Chevy bowtie cars. Didn't really see more than the usual. Elvira enjoyed her outing.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like driving mine to work, all the ladies in my office kinda snarl at me every time I bring one of them in.

That and I tend to leave early because I cant stand that my car is just sitting there waiting for me :)

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to take my Viper to work...problem is, that might be the last time I see it in good condition:eek:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need a better place to park since the dang cedars around my building drip sap on my truck. Maybe we start a "drive your Viper all day event?" On a weekend or something? Or maybe a "Park you Viper next to a vette" day to piss off some yuppies? :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery