NayKid Racing

gdflys

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received this press release for Naykid Racing. In addition to being one of the VIP Guests at the 2006 SRT Nationals Cindi and Scotty are running a full schedule this year. I can't wait to see them tearing it up at the Nationals. Check out the release to see if they will be racing near you.

Lux and White Returns to SCCA T1 with Major Partners in Place

Puyallup, Wash., February 24, 2006 –[/size]NayKid Racing debuted the Dodge Viper SRT10 in the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) Touring One (T1) class last season with great fanfare and success. The potential the program showed in 2005— including two divisional titles as well as the pole position, fastest race lap and two top-five finishes at the Runoffs Championship— was so impressive that all the major marketing and technical partners have returned for 2006.

Cindi Lux (Aloha, Ore.), NayKid Managing Director and driver, and team owner/ driver Scotty B. White (Puyallup, Wash.) were joined by key management from KUMHO Tires, Dodge Motorsports and DaimlerChrysler’s SRT Division to announce their commitment for a second season. As she did last year, Lux will campaign the No. 78 KUMHO Tires/ Dodge Motorsports/ SRT Viper while White will run the No. 3 KUMHO Tires/ Dodge Motorsports/ SRT Viper. Both will switch from the Roadster variant of the Viper they campaigned in ’05 to the newly introduced Viper Coupe in 2006.

“These new SRT10 Coupes are so ****…can I say that out loud? The lines on this new car are outstanding and it just draw’s people over like I have never seen before,” enthused Lux. We have done some primary testing with my car and its going to be an excellent hotrod on track. And the KUMHO’s just seem to keep getting faster and faster with every test session. The part that is really cool about this program is everybody’s solid commitment in bringing out the best…in both people and technology. Let’s get this year started so we can go have some fun!”

“We look forward to again partnering with the NayKid team in 2006,” remarked SRT and Dodge Motorsports Marketing Director Mike Accavitti. “Running Viper Roadsters in 2005, Scotty White finished a very close second in the National Runoffs, and Cindi Lux clinched the Divisional Championship and a top-five at the Runoffs. For 2006, the team will pilot the new Viper Coupes we introduced last fall. We look forward to a tough campaign against the long-standing champion. The original Viper Coupe was tested against the best on many of the world’s most well-known race tracks. Its battles against the Chevy’s are legendary. We are anxiously anticipating the renewal of this classic rivalry this year culminating in a race for the National Championship at Heartland Park in the fall.”

"KUMHO is excited to be involved again this season with NayKid Racing,” said KUMHO Motorsports Manager, Rudy Consolacion. “This is our tenth season partnering with NayKid Racing. They have been with KUMHO since our earliest involvement with the SCCA and NayKid's success has paralleled KUMHO's success over the years. NayKid took the risk early on of teaming-up with the unknown KUMHO brand and they have been instrumental in making KUMHO a household name in grassroots motorsports. After their 2005 Runoffs performance debuting the Dodge Vipers, the momentum will hopefully carry KUMHO to the top of the podium this year.”

White commented on his long relationship with KUMHO; “Holy Moly! KUMHO is back for our ninth season in T1 and our tenth year together overall. This year is looking good! That incredible V710 grip stuffed under our new SRT10 Viper Coupe hot rods with the technical support of the SRT Group and Dodge Motorsports returning for the 2006 season should make for a pretty potent combination to take a bite out of the top step of the podium!"

Also returning is Dodge Motorsports (www.Dodge.com). Dodge Motorsports, which joined NayKid Racing with the switched to the Viper SRT10 in 2005, is the entity responsible for all major auto racing endeavors of Dodge products including SCCA Club and World Challenge road racing, NASCAR, NHRA drag racing and short track racing efforts. Also returning for a second year is DaimlerChrysler’s SRT (Street and Racing Technology) Division. SRT (www.DriveSRT.com) creates some of the Chrysler Group’s boldest, most distinctive products by single-mindedly following its core vision: Deliver benchmark performance at the lowest price, and deliver it with absolute integrity and credibility.

Other returning partners include CORSA Performance. CORSA (www.CORSAPerf.com) is providing the exhaust system for both Vipers. Forgeline Wheels (www.Forgeline.com) brought their top-of-the-line wheel, specially developed for the Dodge Viper SRT10, to NayKid Racing in 2005. Coupled with the Viper platform, Moton Shocks (www.MotonSuspension.com) and KUMHO Tires, the combination gave NayKid Racing the best handling characteristics in the T1 class. Red Line Oil (www.RedlineOil.com) also returns after many seasons working with NayKid Racing. Bell Helmets, a leader in head protection for motorsports, motorcycling and bicycling, returns with NayKid Racing (www.BellHelmets.com). Nike Racing extended it agreement after a strong-relationship with Lux providing the best in team wear and driving shoes as well as access to Nike’s extensive sports/ fitness programs (www.Nike.com). These programs further strengthen NayKid Racing’s association with UPRacing.com (www.UPRacing.com), a leading online provider of safety equipment to racers.

The two drivers will again contend for titles in the Northern Pacific division, where Lux is defending champion, and the Southern Pacific Division, where White holds top honors, as well as the National title in their matching Dodge Viper SRT10s. Each car will carry a new livery to accentuate the aggressive and purposeful lines of America’s only V10-powered muscle car. The new cars will debut together at Thunderhill in California, March 17-19.

For more on Lux Performance Group, LLC please see (www.CindiLux.com).

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx for puttimg that up Greg,

the new hot rods seem to be doing well right out of the box with Cindi putting hers on pole at Cal Speedway first time out and the second car netting a win and new track record at Willow Springs last weekend! :headbang:

The Dean Ackerman/sbw design graphics seem to be a hit also ;)

You must be registered for see images

We hope to see you guys at the races real soon, we'll be debuting both cars at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows CA March 17 weekend if anybody wants to come see them! :2tu:

sbw :usa:

Ricky Bobby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scotty -
Good to see you come to the Viper - Not sure if Kumho woulda ever made a "spec tire" if you didnt.

Also, I notice you switched to the coupe this year. Is the coupe that much better to essentialy scrap last year's cars?

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scotty -
Good to see you come to the Viper - Not sure if Kumho woulda ever made a "spec tire" if you didnt.

Thanx for the kind words Truman, although we live eat breathe and burn rubber on KUMHO's it is very likely they would be coming up with more Viper sizes anyway. The KUMHO V700 Ecsta's have been very well received by the Viper community and I think everybody is very ready for the new Viper sizes in V710 that are coming this season! :nana:

Also, I notice you switched to the coupe this year. Is the coupe that much better to essentialy scrap last year's cars?

It is very typical for us to switch cars every one or two years and since the SRT10 Coupe was just introduced last fall the gang at SRT really encouraged us to make the switch to showcase the new hot rod! :headbang:

The new cars are essentially the same chassis underneath but I personally prefer the convertible for street driving and autocrossing and that is why we are sticking with the Mamba for our cone masher.

But when it comes to all out racecars I like the coupe, both cars have their place and both are phenominal hot rods we're havin a ball in both of them!

As for scrapping last years cars?!? :shocked: Not hardly :smirk: Cindi's car started a new life in Puerto Rico in November of last year right after Runoffs continuing it's winning ways with a stunning overall win in the celebrated Ponce de Grand Prix and my #3 hot rod is on it's way to a new life in the midwest to terrorize more Corvettes :bonker:

OP
OP
G

gdflys

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx for puttimg that up Greg,

Glad to help. Here are some bigger pictures of the New scheme and the Coupe. I can't wait to see you guys at the nationals.

Cindi Lux

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy, the guys did a killer job with the graphic package on these cars. :2tu: Can't wait to get both cars out on track together at Thunderhill hill in a few weeks.

Nice job of finding these photos Greg! One of these days I will have to get smart enough to figure out how to post photos!! :rolleyes:

Like Scotty said, if anybody is around the Thunderhill area in a couple of weeks, stop on by the track and say hello. We would love to have you as our guests. These new Coupes are pretty darn ****.

Cindi

Ricky Bobby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scotty/Cindy,

The V710 - I remember Kumho had an issue down at Moroso I think with guys cording certain sample tires...I know they fixed the tire but in the end alot of guys stuck with the S04 for DOT tire of choice. I personally am waiting/hoping the DOT offered by Kumho is as good/better than the Hoosier, and CHEAPER.

Whats the scoop? Is the V710 gonna be the saviour we have all been waiting for?

As for the coupe...so the overriding reason was SRT wanted you guys marketing the newest car since coupes will most likely see more on-average track time, or is the competitive advantage significant enough to switch? Looking for a more technical answer (I race as well, but only regionaly).

ps- Cindy...you arent old enough to have a 25 year old son, are you???? :)

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scotty/Cindy,

The V710 - I remember Kumho had an issue down at Moroso I think with guys cording certain sample tires...I know they fixed the tire but in the end alot of guys stuck with the S04 for DOT tire of choice.

I guess there are a few guys that still run Hoosiers, we don't see too many of them... We kinda wish more guys did run 'em though ;)

I personally am waiting/hoping the DOT offered by Kumho is as good/better than the Hoosier, and CHEAPER.

Well ok... Maybe you should check in with The Tire Rack I think you'll find that the V710 is/has always been less expensive than the AS/RS302/3/4/5 etc.

Whats the scoop? Is the V710 gonna be the saviour we have all been waiting for?

Where ya been buddy? I think that ship already sailed a couple years ago :2tu:

As for the coupe...so the overriding reason was SRT wanted you guys marketing the newest car since coupes will most likely see more on-average track time,

Yep :2tu:

Ricky Bobby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You make it sound like I have been missing some boat! I have been watching for the Kumhos to come in Viper sizes - just not recently as this winter. The specific setup in V710 305F/335R in 18's...last year was not avail when I called Tirerack. (I dont see a 335/35/18 on tirerack today...)

As for better than R3S04 in a sprint race, I reserve judgement since I havent seen them dominate in SPO, ITE, T1 over on the eastcoast. I am not PRO-tire anybody. Just hoping for some healthy competition to keep prices in check, and to advance each tire's performance envelope.

Thanks for the info - will "get on the boat" and check out my options in 2006!

Good luck this year. Always loved your trash talking on the SCCA board with the other T1 guys...LOL. Only guys I have ever run with were Chris Ingle and the young Phoenix, but I was in an ITE car...

Thanks again.

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You make it sound like I have been missing some boat! I have been watching for the Kumhos to come in Viper sizes - just not recently as this winter. The specific setup in V710 305F/335R in 18's...last year was not avail when I called Tirerack.

Well shoot Truman, why didn't you just say you needed some help? I'd like nothing better than to help you get that hot rod up to speed with some KUMHO V710 stickeys and a setup that'll work well... :2tu:

Tell me about your ITE car and let's talk about what we can do to make it faster! :headbang: I hate to see anybody gettin beat on by those ugly black and yeller things worse yet have to look at the them in your windshield, you could go BLIND! :hitfan:

Ahhhh yes... My buddy "Gomer Pyle" Major Chris Ingle, that guy is a class act! I wish that rascal lived up here I'd have him under my tent A-N-Y day of the year! :headbang:

Ricky Bobby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who said anything about getting beat? :)

My car is "old school"...ie: gen II Viper GTS, and not an SRT10. If you have any data points to share on that chasis setup I am all ears!

Generally speaking, what would you recommend for tire setup? I know I aint runnin' one of yer new-fangled cars, but some things about the tires have to translate pretty well across the two viper platforms.

Chris is definately a class act.

PPS - I went to tirerack...do you need to talk to Luke to get the 335 (18 inch) tire or did I miss it on-line?

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who said anything about getting beat? :)

My car is "old school"...ie: gen II Viper GTS, and not an SRT10. If you have any data points to share on that chasis setup I am all ears!

Generally speaking, what would you recommend for tire setup? I know I aint runnin' one of yer new-fangled cars, but some things about the tires have to translate pretty well across the two viper platforms.

Chris is definately a class act.

PPS - I went to tirerack...do you need to talk to Luke to get the 335 (18 inch) tire or did I miss it on-line?

Oh hell that's easy! :D

The hot setup for that car is 335/35x17 on a 13" in the rear and 315/35x17 on a 12" in the front like a 800# front & 900# rear spring life should be pretty good unless you have big brakes up front then run the 315/35x18 on a 12" front and keep the same as above in the rear...

You go to that setup and it should be a very impressive change for you Truman...

BTW, if you need some shocks for that hot rod I have a set of double JRZ remote resevoir shocks we only used one season of autocross for sale pretty reasnable... :2tu:

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi