Need a FINAL verdict on the Ebay viper clutch kit

Richard H. Vitale

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've heard people say the alignment tool that comes with the Ebay clutch kit doesnt work. Is there something else that can be used or is that a reason why I should not buy this kit? TIA!

Not sure about the tool, but I bought the $165 Kit (+ $20 in shipping) about two months ago, had it installed by my Viper Tech at the dealership, and the clutch has performed flawlessly. Also, since we were in there, I put in a new Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel. I highly recommend the upgrade if you have not yet done it.

Richard

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard people say the alignment tool that comes with the Ebay clutch kit doesnt work. Is there something else that can be used or is that a reason why I should not buy this kit? TIA!

The pilot bearing is also not entirely correct. Solid steel versus OEM needle bearing. I'd get the needle bearing from the dealer for 15 bucks. The pilot bearing tool that I bought for $18.95 works perfectly and is made by KD Tools.

You must be registered for see images attach

Even with the few extra dollars for these items, you come out way ahead over anyone else's kit. I have the eBay kit in my '01 GTS, and it has been flawless.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about the tool, but I bought the $165 Kit (+ $20 in shipping) about two months ago, had it installed by my Viper Tech at the dealership, and the clutch has performed flawlessly. Also, since we were in there, I put in a new Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel. I highly recommend the upgrade if you have not yet done it.

Richard

Same here. Fidanza flywheel done at the same time. The alignment tool was not right, but it seemed a very minor inconvenience for the guy putting it in. 38,000 miles on clutch / flywheel set up. No problems at all.

Steve

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chad,

The Ebay clutch is the LUK clutch kit which is the same thing the dealer sells you for 3-4x the price.

The alignment tool in the LUK kit apparently doesn't work. I have never heard of the pilot bearing being the incorrect one, but sounds like Dave knows what he's talking about? If this is shop/dealer installing the clutch, they should be able to install it with the tools/equipment they have.

Tator told me to buy the LUK kit from Autozone and not go to the dealer to buy the Mopar branded LUK kit. Simple reason: the Mopar kit is sold in pieces and adds up to 500 dollars or so, instead of 180 dollars for the non mopar equivalent. He said the kit came with everything needed. Granted he may overlook the alignment tool issue because he has done a million clutches and I'm sure uses his own tool.

I bought my kit from Autozone and paid 220 for it shipped. I did that in case I needed to return it. Returning an item from an ebay seller/small time online entity is a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang