Need a PCM from a forged motor GEN II

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doing a ROE install on my 01 GTS. ROE wants to sell me a new 96-99 PCM due to the issues with the 2000-2002 PCM throwing a CEL when using a S/C. Anyone got one one taking up space n the shelf they want to unload??? I guess I have a 75% chance of needing one and would rather have a plan in palce vice waiting to see if my 01 throws a CEL.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I have a slew of stuff going up on ebay here soon, one of which is
the factory PCM from my 99GTS. I Have no idea what it is worth so
I was going to list it at a $300 reserve.

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave at ROE indicated that they have experienced a 75% rate of 2000-2002 PCMs needing to be replaced with an earlier one. Though not 100%, he advised that it would be better to "just do it" vice waiting to see if mine throws a code. No impact to ABS.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an 02 Roc car with no computer or code problems, why don't you just give yours a chance. If it does work it's my understanding you'll be better off. Why don't you try and talk to Sean Roe himself, he might give you a different outlook.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave at ROE indicated that they have experienced a 75% rate of 2000-2002 PCMs needing to be replaced with an earlier one. Though not 100%, he advised that it would be better to "just do it" vice waiting to see if mine throws a code. No impact to ABS.

I guess I'd say you have a 25 % chance that you won't have to spend extra $$$ on a PCM. Plus your not out anything if you try your current one first and then end up buying a different one. I'd probably take the chance myself.

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok Ok...I discussed the situation with Dave at ROE and I was getting ahead of myself a bit. They sky is not falling...I'll hold off until I see if my 01 PCM throws the dreaded misfire code. Being a military guy, I always plan for (expect) the worst. Just don't like having to start-stop-start on projects and like to have everything set and ready to go without any surprises. Sorry Chad for not letting you know about this "plan"...the opportunity just sort of presented itself. LOL

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok Ok...I discussed the situation with Dave at ROE and I was getting ahead of myself a bit. They sky is not falling...I'll hold off until I see if my 01 PCM throws the dreaded misfire code. Being a military guy, I always plan for (expect) the worst. Just don't like having to start-stop-start on projects and like to have everything set and ready to go without any surprises.

So Dave has convinced 75% of their S/C customers to buy the PCM but how many really needed them?:D

I had difficulty tuning the system with the stock PCM but no codes. Wait and see but be prepared if A/F is erratic during back to back pulls while tuning.

Rick

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a '97 PCM that I'd sell cheap. It does have a blown radiator fan pin but I figured that with a ROE blower - the car would be going faster than stock - so you probably wouldn't need the radiator fan to come on - right? :lmao:

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want to misrepresent what Dave is advising. All he indicated to me was that he's seeing about a 75% rate of 2000-2002 PCM's throwing the misfire code. IF mine throws the code, my ONLY recourse is to get an early PCM...and they sell them. He wasn't backing me into a corner, just telling me what my options were...and that's what I would expect from their exemplary customer service.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960