Need advice...

SRTaj10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The members in CA know that this weekend will most probably be a wet one for most of the state. My problem is I have to drive down to San Diego tommorrow and I am taking the Viper. Because its going to be raining I can't put the bra on the car so does anyone have any ideas on how to protect the front end form rock chips on the long drive there??? Sorry if this si a dumb question but I am sure someone else out there has been in this situaton. Thanks!

Reaction score
Nah...he's driving down this weekend...never have enough time to get it done (most likely).

This is gonna blow TVC (Two-Viper-Chuck) out of the water but....just drive it. :) Sure, the nose of my car looks a little rough, but still darn good for a 97. I know, it is hard....but it is just a car. :) I'll have to edit this later, before my wife has proof I ever said that....but it is true. Funny thing...I made the drive 8.5 hours to Tators last year and only had DIRT on the front. I did, however, end up with a small gash in the paint on the REAR fascia, down low, behind the driver's side tire. :(

Anyway...you can put the bra on for the trip, even if it gets wet...but don't LEAVE it on. Once you get there you gotta take it off and not put it back on till it is dry (and thoroughly cleaned out on the inside surfaces).

Good luck!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is gonna blow TVC (Two-Viper-Chuck) out of the water but....just drive it.

OMG kneel down and start praying everybody, the second coming of Christ is not far away.

Tony, you are no longer top poser, congrats. Who will I pick on now???

JUST DRIVE IT!!!

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could Stay back as far as possible from other cars and trucks...keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best, or put the bra on and enjoy the ride. :2tu:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you'll get lucky, so far no rain in SoCal Wed evening. It was beautiful today.

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
theres some clear plastic that you can stick on the front, west coast viper in temecula sells it for track days

OP
OP
S

SRTaj10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys...Thanks for the help but it is just a car and I am going to drive it. I figured I would see what everyones opinions were before hand and I respect everyones opinions but it is a car and it is meant to be driven. I eventually will have to get the front end repainted anyways as I lowered the car and once in a blue moon I do slightly scrape. Gonna be in LA tommorrow night, Sunday and Monday and SD Fri and Sat so if any Viper ownners down south want to take me out for luch or coffee let me know :) Thanks again everyone.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can buy clear sticky plastic film at any serious motorcycle shop - motocross guys put it on their side number plates. Get a few sheets of that and stick it onto the leading edges of the car (bumper, hood center, lower lip, etc.) It'll look like sh*t, but you're going to pull it off when you arrive at your destination, and it's thick and will protect your paint. A little bug&tar remover will take off any stickum which remains.

Good $20 solution :)