Need Assistance- Rear View Mirror Wire Harness

Richard H. Vitale

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I purchased my 94 RT/10, I noticed that a previous owner had cut out the wire harness that connected to the back of the rear view mirror. I sourced a new harness, ran it through the windshield housing, and am now behind the dash. Ive got about 3 feet left on the harness, but Im not sure where to plug it in under the dash. Can someone point me in the right direction? Pictures would be great. Thanks.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The end of your new mirror harness should have 4 wires; black, black/pink, black/light blue, and black/red. The connector should be green and flat (4 across rather than four in a square.) The connector you are looking for is also green, but the wire colors are pink, yellow, black/yellow, and black.

According to the manual, I would say you need to remove the passenger side knee bolster (and maybe the dash) and look up in the direction of the bottom right corner of the windshield. It's probably held up against the underside of the windshield frame.

If that isn't helpful, look for the bulkhead connector above the passenger's feet. Follow the cable bundle backwards to where it branches off. There look to be three main ones - one of those should lead to the green connector.

Three feet looks like a lot extra.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just throwing in my .02.... If the above information doesn't help for some reason, you are looking for 12Volts to power the lights in the mirror right? So maybe you can find a "hot" wire and splice the (+) wires to the mirror and just chassis ground the ground wires. You can use a test light, to find a hot wire, or, just use the rearview mirror wires themselves. First make sure all the grounds are grounded and then start touching some close wires. When the light comes on in the mirror, well... then you found a power source. You don't want to put too much drain on a small source, so just make sure the wire you are using, is a little larger than the others, verifying that is is capable of supplying a little more power than a smaller wire.

ah well.... good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang