Need brake pad recommendation

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good street/track pad that won't generate a huge dust storm. I had EBC greens, which were good on the street, but basically were crap on the track and burned up (the rears literally are burnt brown).

I have heard mixed reviews on the EBC Reds. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used every color EBC has and they were all horrible on the track. That was a few years ago. Maybe they're better now. But I'm not moving off PFC 01 until somebody comes out with a pad that feels like somebody stuck a broomstick in the spokes.

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I currently run Brake Man 3's on the track, based on several reccomendations. They are much better than the EBCs on the track. They have good longevitiy for a track pad, and pretty good bite. I am looking for more bite, in exchange for longevity. Once my BM3's wear out, probably after my next event, I'll be trying something new. If you're looking for a good pad that will give you track longevitiy, the BM3's are a good price value for a track pad.

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently went through the same thing as you. I ended up going with the stock pads. Although a bit more expensive, they work good for street or track.

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Excuse my ignorance Chuck, but what does PFC stand for?

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your question is flawed from the get-go... Mintex makes a good street pad (no dust with decent bite). BM#3 is an excellent track pad, but in order to do so, will generate significant dust. You can't really have both...

BTW, I've heard that wrecked Vipers are often found to have EBC greens on them - too much HP and not enough "whoa" power.

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your question is flawed from the get-go... Mintex makes a good street pad (no dust with decent bite). BM#3 is an excellent track pad, but in order to do so, will generate significant dust. You can't really have both...

BTW, I've heard that wrecked Vipers are often found to have EBC greens on them - too much HP and not enough "whoa" power.

Rich, I was waiting for someone to tell me I can't have both:D . Thanks for the input.

Thanks REDSLED.

I just need something to hold me over until I switch to SRT brakes.

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich, I was waiting for someone to tell me I can't have both:D . Thanks for the input.

Thanks REDSLED.

I just need something to hold me over until I switch to SRT brakes.

Hey Ian,

I like the new EBC Red Ceramics, very low dust, and good bite(also 1/2 the cost of all out track pads):omg: The new Yellows should be ok also:eater:

What's good for one doesn't really work for the other:nono: Depends on how much time you spend on the track:drive:

Big Brake Dave:drive:
www.davesbigbrakes.com

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had HP+ pads on my Talon and loved them. But...they did dust a little. The Stock ACR pads seem to work well, but again, they dust a lot.

Never tried PFC's but that's what I will go with unless, I pick up a big brake kit.