Need Car Transport Advice.... Any Suggestions?

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys I will be moving from my home in Maryland back to the great state of Texas here in about a month and I would like to have the Viper shipped back home as we have two other cars to drive down.

Who have you used, and how much? I am obviously crazy picky and want the car enclosed for the trip.

Anyways any suggestions or ideas would be very helpful!

Thanks,

Andy Wheeler

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exotic Car/Bike Transport
Joe Recht
702-569-2349

Good guy, fast service, and good price.

60' low rise enclosed trailer.

Independence, MO to San Antonio, TX - $750

Picked up on Saturday, delivered to doorstep by noon on Sunday.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Exotic Car/Bike Transport
Joe Recht
702-569-2349

Good guy, fast service, and good price.

60' low rise enclosed trailer.

Independence, MO to San Antonio, TX - $750

Picked up on Saturday, delivered to doorstep by noon on Sunday.

Wow thanks to both of you and to the other members who sent PM's gotta love the VCA!

I might call Exotic Car/Bike thats a great price!

Andy Wheeler:2tu:

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding is that Gary is no longer hauling cars. He can hook you up with someone though.

Thanks for mentioning me Tony.

I've got several drivers now that transport cars for me. Just like any business that grows, there comes a time when it no longer makes sense to be a one-man band. After almost 5 years on the road full time and 680,000 miles, it was time to grow the business and get some help. Now I spend all my time scheduling and bringing in the business.

Almond Exotic Transports is very much alive!

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for mentioning me Tony.

I've got several drivers now that transport cars for me. Just like any business that grows, there comes a time when it no longer makes sense to be a one-man band. After almost 5 years on the road full time and 680,000 miles, it was time to grow the business and get some help. Now I spend all my time scheduling and bringing in the business.

Almond Exotic Transports is very much alive!

Hey Gary I see your somewhat local to me as well. How far are you from Laurel Md?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You cannot go wrong with Gary Almond. Have heard nothing but good stories about him on the VCA. Seems to always be the top pick.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also would like to recommend Gary Almon.

But you know, I might be willing to drive it out there for you.....:drive:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy, use Gary, he has done hundreds if not thousands of hauls for guys on the site without one incident. Plus, as you can see he is one of us. I have used him at least 5 times, he even hauled my old Corvette once. I'm not knocking the other guy mentioned, I just never heard of him in the last 9 years.

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Reliable bring my cup car from Charlotte to Huntington Beach and have since become great friends with the drivers...David and Susan Lewis. On the same truck were 3 classic MB's coming back from Amelia Island, and Bugatti Veyron #1 going from FL to CA and back....FOR SERVICE. He is the best. Call Reliable and ask for them to haul the Viper.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a great story about Gary from 2006. Viper owners trapped in the Baltimore convention center for the Motor Trend Show when 14 inches of snow show up and the cars are about to be kicked out into the weather.
Gary turns the truck and trailer around somewhere in the Midwest and rolls it back here to move all the cars in a 24 hr period. He probably did not sleep for 48 hours.
Oh, and I called Reliable first, they had 3 trucks in the area and they could have done it with one truck in 6 hours and several of the trucks were between runs but no we were not on the schedule so tough.
Gary really came through. It's a good read.

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/587028-gary-almond-rescues-6-vipers-18-hours.html