NEED HELP Cleaning Neglected RIMS and Fixing Brake Pads!!!

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I got my rims (and Viper) about a month and a half ago and I have seriously neglected the rims. They are 19" CCW 505A 19" High Polish I believe. Anyways I never really washed the crap off of them every night like I should have and I even drove the car in winter conditions and now the dirt is caked on bad, and I mean bad. I used a brillo pad on the inside of the rims to clean them, but I don't want to use a brillo pad on the outside where you can actually see. What can I do to clean this crap off? I need something abrasive? Also I want to try to polish them again. I was told I can get some compound and a drill bit with a cloth on the end that I can polish with.

Also, I noticed that whoever owned the car before me I guess wore down the brake pads to the feelers and it was tearing into the rotor. I since had hem cut and I bought new brake pads. There is a small grove in the old brake pad, but nothing too deep and the pad is fairly new. Can I just use the old pads and they will eventually wear down to the way they should be? Can I sand them? Thank you.

I was going to try to put the new pad on but I couldn't figure out how to release it from the caliper. Let me know. Thanks.

OP
OP
A

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My rims look oxidised as well. How do I clean that up?

OP
OP
A

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been told to use Mothers WHEEL MIST® CHROME/WIRE I guess it is.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call the vendor on the rims.
Replace the pads with new. Don't mess around with reusing them or sanding them. Consider a "less dust" pad like EBC Greens.

SSmith100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call John at CCW and send them in to be chromed. I have 505's on my CTS-V for the last year. It is my daily driver and is almost impossible to keep the wheels clean. I was polishing them every weekend. Sent them in a couple of weeks ago to have them chromed. About $125.00 per wheel.

Shane