Need help! Maybe my new GTS!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can't be serious?

An old vette with a Viper body? Zero feedback? No bids and not at reserve.

No one buys from zero feedback, especially a car (sort of)

Ted

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's really weird is some of those body panels look like actuall viper parts...

D

dano

I'm such an idiot....I could have saved a ton and picked up this beauty....:omg:

(It does look fairly good though from what I can see...)

BullRider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I was reading it wrong, but the impression that I got was that it was a Viper with a 'Vette engine, not a Vette with Viper body. As far as I can see, the exterior and interior are stock Viper. He probably blew the motor and rather than springing for a V10, went with a cheapy V8.

Just my inclination based on the ad.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I was reading it wrong, but the impression that I got was that it was a Viper with a 'Vette engine, not a Vette with Viper body. As far as I can see, the exterior and interior are stock Viper. He probably blew the motor and rather than springing for a V10, went with a cheapy V8.

possibly, but notice the hood has no NACA duct or louvers over the wheels. fog lamps are gone too. never seen a hood like that. side mirrors look very small and an odd shape. and he call it a "replica/kit"?

if this is a REAL viper and he put a vette engine in it, we should ALL drive to his house TODAY and BEAT HIS A-S-S!! :lmao:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing. Those look like real Viper parts.

possibly, but notice the hood has no NACA duct or louvers over the wheels. fog lamps are gone too. never seen a hood like that. side mirrors look very small and an odd shape. and he call it a "replica/kit"?

Gen 1 hood maybe? He also could've relocated the foglights from their normal position to the center of the bumper

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is the sellers response.

everything under this car is a 1999 corvette, the kit portion is the body of the car and interior.
you may also call me at ***-***-XXXX.
thank you
Lisa

Last edited:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah that one will take you far!!!Cant let that one pass by.I would bet they spent as much money building as it cost to buy the real thing.

Lambojf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least its a compliment to the Viper.(imitation is the sincerest form of flattery). I'm not surprised that someone would want their vette to look like a Viper. Funny though, there are kits to make a vette into a Viper, but none to transform the Viper into anything else.
Shows what bow tie boys really wish they were.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine