Need Help with Insurance

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like I need some new insurance, or I'll need to sell my new (to me) Viper. My company, the Hartford, tells me that due to an accident in 2002 in which they paid out $751.00 for me, plus a lapse in my coverage due to a mix-up in communications between them and me, that I no longer have insurance.

AAA and State Farm don't want to start new coverage for me with a high performance vehicle and one accident (no tickets - no personal injuries )

So what can you guys tell me about getting insurance on my 96 Dodge Viper RT/10
with 9985 miles on it, no problems with this car ever. My bogus 2002 "accident" was someone claiming I rear ended her car in my 2002 Ford Explorer, which oddly had absolutely no damage, although her previously hit car (3 or 4 hits) supposedly had new damage. I told my insurance co. that the claim was a fraud, but they settled it for the grand sum of $751.00 to her, and zero to me (my car wasn't damaged at all-- not even a scratch) and suddenly I'm without insurance. And the Viper is apparently making it tough to get new insurance.

Help!! I'd rather not sell, but I use my Mercedes in real estate and am required to keep 100/300 at all times.

By the bye, I'm 53, married (she has her own insurance) and not REALLY a menace to society.

Thanks.

Larry :eek: :usa: :confused:

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Liberty Mutual. They are very good and it is a very large insurance company.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to bundle it.Take your house,business,life,cars,etc to one agent or company.Try to insure the Viper separately and no dice.Offer them the whole plate with the Viper the last add on. Bruce

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1)Try Progressive- this is regular, drive it how you want to, coverage (I have it for my vipers)...they didn't blink after they spent nearly $8 grand putting my Harley back together 2 years ago
2)Hagerty or Grundy or other collector car insurance- this will work if your viper is not your daily driver (cannot take it to work), but could allow you to keep the car

Good luck!

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1)Try Progressive- this is regular, drive it how you want to, coverage (I have it for my vipers)...they didn't blink after they spent nearly $8 grand putting my Harley back together 2 years ago
2)Hagerty or Grundy or other collector car insurance- this will work if your viper is not your daily driver (cannot take it to work), but could allow you to keep the car

Good luck!

I aggree with trying Progressive. They will cover you and at a fair rate.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
You need to bundle it.Take your house,business,life,cars,etc to one agent or company.Try to insure the Viper separately and no dice.Offer them the whole plate with the Viper the last add on. Bruce

Bundle it all seems to work well for me and I use a local SF agent fopr the past 15 yrs, things happen and they have always been there to help, but again they have everything 4 cars, house, personal, liabilty, business and extra jewelery coverage.

good luck

OP
OP
L

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the help. I am now insured on the Viper (and the Mercedes again) thanks to AAA who stepped up to the plate. I am now a new AAA member, and pleased to have enough insurance to cover my contract obligation on my work car, without losing my new Viper.

Now over to the classified ads to remove my listing. And to think that I was going to throw in my leather Viper jacket.

Thanks again.

Larry :laugh: :usa: :2tu: :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang