Need help with my MGW shifter

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a MGW short shifter but it's about an inch too low. I also have a svs short shifter installed in the car. I need some type of adjustable shaft extender if there even is such a thing. I'm in love with MGW's first strike knob so I need to figure out how to make it work. I can shift and my hand clears the console but barely. Any advice??? Thanks!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a MGW short shifter but it's about an inch too low. I also have a svs short shifter installed in the car. I need some type of adjustable shaft extender if there even is such a thing. I'm in love with MGW's first strike knob so I need to figure out how to make it work. I can shift and my hand clears the console but barely. Any advice??? Thanks!

call george at MGW, he made a taller shaft for me when i had a problem with the
height in my srt. he made me a shaft and sent the tool so i could do it myself.
it turned out to be a easy fix.

:2tu: good luck, tom

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to clarify,

the shaft i sent WANTED was actually no more than a "standard" height srt10 knob. you see we make both a shorty version and a standard and he originally bought a shorty. if you need taller than a standard length knob you can buy a shaft extender from rich detert. he was the original maker of these and they work very well. hopefully someone knows how to contact him. i am going to probably make some taller shafts in the future to compensate for this but in the mean time rich should be able to help you out :2tu:

regards
george

OP
OP
E

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called SVS per your suggestions George and I was able to order a longer rod. I appreciate your help and feedback and thanks for your great service and products.

Eddie

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can provide you with a shift rod extender. Look at my posted pics to see what it looks like on a Hurst/Mopar shifter. All I need to know is the thread size of the shifter and the thread size of the know.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad