need help with steering rack bushings and crank seal.

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am having issues with the lower bushing on the driver side. just cant seem to get enough clearance to get the old bushings out. the passenger side was no problem.
does anyone know how i would get that bushing out without removing all the ps lines? main concern is ill develop a leak since they are almost a decade old high pressure line.
cant move it enough in either directions. even tried using a big pry bar to get enough leverage. didnt work. it needs about a 2mm more for the bushing to remove.

i also have a leaking front crank seal and i have a hoist for a day to fix it.
based on what i can see, i will have to remove the nuts to the engine and tranny mount and jack the engine up to clear the pulley. other than a pulley remove, is there anything i should worry about or extra tools?

pics for reference.

thanks
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Dave1968

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple things you might want to consider. If it looks like you have to remove the lines, get new ones and use this opportunity to change them. As far as the front seal, you might have to remove the front engine cover to R & R it; I would call the dealer and ask them how many hours they have on their books for the job. That will give you a pretty good idea how big a job it really is. You might be able to pick their brains a bit on the best proceedure. My dealer even printed out the removal and installation directions right from Dodge on a job I was looking at. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21