NEED Help with warranty repair that never gets fixed!!

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my car back and forth 3 times in the past 6 weeks at Grapevine Dodge in Texas which they have 2 Viper techs. A/C not cooling after about 10 days each time and oil leak from the oil pan since I have had the car 5 years ago. My warranty expired last month, but all parts have 1 year warranty from dealer. They have replaced my compressor 1st time, condensor 2nd time, etc, and it is supposed to be fixed today?? My problem is that they put a new oil pan on and new gasket and it still leaks. I have had the pan replaced 5 times and the gasket 7 over the past 5 years and still leaks?? The mechanic put die in the oil, and says my pan is porous?? They say it will always leak?? What the heck do I do and what else could the problem be?? Sorry so long, just wanted to give some info. I just want the car fixed!! I don't want to pick the car up unitl the leak is fixed because once I drive off the lot, that's it. Any help would so greatly appreciated as I have barley seen my Viper in the past 2 months and it is very frustrating.

Thanks
Jeremy

BDZ1984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call chuck..... or call jerry jackson over at dallas dodge.. he is always at the local club meetings

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey this might help you, it was a post from just week or so ago.

"Well a couple of weeks ago I put a couple of pictures on the forum and asked you guys what you thought might be the source of my oil leak.

Thank you so much for all of your replies! You guys are so willing to help!:D

I tried to fix all the suggestion and could not get the oil to stop leaking.

I fixed the screws, took the oil pan off and resealed the gasket. Still oil leaking from the front of the pan.

So I took it into the shop I always use. They added some die and sure enough the oil pan was leaking from the front.

Ordered a new aluminum oil pan gasket(much better that the all rubber one I had on there!)

And guess what? Still leaking. Finally they figured out it was the Timing cover gasket!!! Of Course!!!:omg:

So they fixed it AND get this! Since they misdiagnosed it the first time they gave me the labor for the Timing cover gasket for FREE!!!:2tu:

So new oil pan gagsket-Timing cover gasket(plus two other gaskets-oil filter and another one) and labor for Oil pan and Gasket $400 (plus big tip!);)

Not bad.

They called Chuck to get the parts and Chuck helped them locate some that he had on back order I believe. But I am so excited about getting her back today!:rolaugh:

I have been reading the Forum/ scanning GTS pictures and reading my new Motor Trend every day! It's funny how much you realize you love your Viper when you don't get to see it for a while!!!"

Not sure if your pan is leaking from the front or not but worth having them check out that timing cover gasket. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Jonathan

Last edited:
OP
OP

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys....will check to see if it is the timing cover gasket...
Thanks for the advice!!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys....will check to see if it is the timing cover gasket...
Thanks for the advice!!

If this does not help, I concur with the others, call Chuck Tator: 1-914-763-3136 at Tator's Dodge here in South Salem, NY. Not known as the 'Viper Wizard' for nothing! ;)
Good Luck~~~juli

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
not sure what year your car is, but some of the years did indeed have pourous oil pans, the fix is to replace it with a newer one.
Also the timing chain gasket is flimsy.

OP
OP

4207henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I talked to Chuck Tator for the first time today. Chuck is a very nice guy and gave me 10 minutes out of his day with all kinds of info for free!!! Will talk to dealer and Dodge warranty about all the great info Chuck gave me. BIG THANKS CHUCK!!!

V

Venomiss

Well I talked to Chuck Tator for the first time today. Chuck is a very nice guy and gave me 10 minutes out of his day with all kinds of info for free!!! Will talk to dealer and Dodge warranty about all the great info Chuck gave me. BIG THANKS CHUCK!!!
Maybe Chuck could talk you into joining the VCA?;)

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your very welcome Jeremy! Hope that helped and they can find the oil leak? If that Dealer wants to call me, I have no problem with that?:cool:

O yes, join the VCA!:2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You just cannot go wrong calling Chuck!!:2tu: Glad and not surprised he's helped you out...he's very generous with his time and knowledge. :headbang: Hope everything works out for you, and yes, please DO join the VCA!!! Pro-rated right now due to late in the year.
Contact Venomiss or Y2K5SRT, Lee00blacksilver, or KCOBean if interested. Keep us posted on your Viper! :) ~juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang