need hood for 01 gts help

Bigot Bledsoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the oem price for a hood is 17000. if this value is used along with the remaining items it will essentially total my car- something i want to avoid like the plague. Any suggestions or dealers etc that have a used or aftermarket hood for considerably less that the appraiser can use to determine the amount of damage ? need help asap- thanks in advance. i

DaveGF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1996 GTS hood I'll sell. Never damaged or repaired. Will need paint as it was used on my track car and has paint chipping. $2,500 if picked up. $3,000 plus shipping if I have to crate it up. Need doors?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you had the right insurance, you would prefer it got totaled.....

i dont want a half broken viper

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the oem price for a hood is 17000. if this value is used along with the remaining items it will essentially total my car- something i want to avoid like the plague. Any suggestions or dealers etc that have a used or aftermarket hood for considerably less that the appraiser can use to determine the amount of damage ? need help asap- thanks in advance. i

Most owners would PREFER to total the car, save for 'sentimental' reasons perhaps?

I have helped a snake-pit full of of owners and/or their adjuster/appraisers with insurance issues. A solution can be crafted to save or total the Viper. You can find my contact info at left, click my screenname and profile. Happy to help

JonB~~~:<~

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Helped me with insurance. Out of no where helped me with the purchase. Can't go wrong with Jon!

Most owners would PREFER to total the car, save for 'sentimental' reasons perhaps?

I have helped a snake-pit full of of owners and/or their adjuster/appraisers with insurance issues. A solution can be crafted to save or total the Viper. You can find my contact info at left, click my screenname and profile. Happy to help

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jon helped me tremendously when acr was totaled. call him.