Need Info.....Thinking of removing cats in front of Corsa?

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently I have the Random Tech hi-flow cats in front of a Corsa Catback...

How much louder would it be without the RT cats, and would the sound quality diminish?

Is there a horsepower gain from the hi-flows to "no cats"?

Thanks

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without cats I think you will get some volume, but mainly will get a lot of burbling etc when you back off. Some guys love that sound. I think it sounds like the car is not running correctly. Don't forget that without the cats the car will stink like a crappy work truck (about the only thing here in AZ that has the old school no cat smell).

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Borla system with no cats. I did not have a check engine problem and either my nose quit working or the smell has diminished to the point that I can hardly notice it. I love the sound. It does have that "burbling" sound when you back off, but I personally love the sound. It also sounds great when accelerating. I have had nothing but positive comments from those who have heard it pre & post cats. Just my $.02.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no cats and a Henness-ey cat back. I LOVE the way it sounds! Hell, you're close enough. PM me if you want to come by for a ride.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No cats have also been know to throw some fire out the tailpipe. Big hit with the neighbor kids at night!

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
. . . either my nose quit working or the smell has diminished to the point that I can hardly notice it.
I (like most Viper owners I bet) am old enough to remember when catalytic convertors first hit the scene in the mid-70s. I remember everyone complaining that cars with cats smelled like rotten eggs. Wow have things changed now that we think a car without cat stinks.

OP
OP
C

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
. . . either my nose quit working or the smell has diminished to the point that I can hardly notice it.
I (like most Viper owners I bet) am old enough to remember when catalytic convertors first hit the scene in the mid-70s. I remember everyone complaining that cars with cats smelled like rotten eggs. Wow have things changed now that we think a car without cat stinks.

that is true........hopefully if i remove the cats, the smell wont be too bad!

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have removed the mufflers and the cats, I love the burble on down shifts and just backing off the go pedal. I never got a code and never got a bad smell from it. Everyone thinks it sounds great would not go back to stock.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of cats was thinking of removing my Sean Roe cats and leaving the Roe muffler(borla) in any advantages.side exit..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi