Need more comments on failed PW regulator please.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few months ago my little white plastic piece on my driver's side 98 GTS power window broke. I repaired it but after about a month my repair failed. Called Jon B and got his replacement plastic piece so I would not have to get a whole $500 regulator system with motor etc. When you install the plastic piece you have to disconnect the cables that actuate the window. Put it back together and window was binding/would not go up all the way. Charged battery to full. Removed replace window and rechecked that everything was greased up. Re-assembled and still a problem. Got the window up all the way by pulling on it while GF actuated the switch so I can drive/lock the car, but the motor is making nasty noises and will not take window up or down all the way on its own. Has my motor fried and it just so happens to be close to the time the plastic part failed? Or did taking tension of the cables while installing the plastic part goof up the cable spooling inside the motor assembly? Ideas? So far my plan is to call Paul Scharf in Wisconsin and get a whole new-to-me unit.