Need More Horse Power

Konstantin82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, last weekend I installed smooth tubes and S&B air filters. But im looking to bring it up to 500 or more horse power, it's a 97 GTS Coupe. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just get rockers, high flow cats and mufflers and nitrous. I think headers are a waste of money. You can easily spend $1600 for a set and only get a 20-30 hp increase! Big deal. Sure your engine will breathe better blah, blah, blah, but not worth it in my mind. You can get nitrous for less than headers and pick up as much hp as you want. Well, almost. Look at my sig, my baseline dyno pull wihout nitrous was 401rwhp/472rwtq. It went WAY up with a 150 shot.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just get rockers, high flow cats and mufflers and nitrous. I think headers are a waste of money. You can easily spend $1600 for a set and only get a 20-30 hp increase! Big deal. Sure your engine will breathe better blah, blah, blah, but not worth it in my mind. You can get nitrous for less than headers and pick up as much hp as you want. Well, almost. Look at my sig, my baseline dyno pull wihout nitrous was 401rwhp/472rwtq. It went WAY up with a 150 shot.
I'd get headers before ROCKERS :bonker:
But i totally agree get the Nitrous for sure :2tu:

OP
OP
K

Konstantin82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I dont know much about nitrous, would I have to push some button to get the power going or is it always there when you hit the gas pedal? & where can I get this nitrous stuff sounds like you got alot of power gain IEATVETTS just from a few upgrages. Thanks for all you input guys.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I dont know much about nitrous, would I have to push some button to get the power going or is it always there when you hit the gas pedal? & where can I get this nitrous stuff sounds like you got alot of power gain IEATVETTS just from a few upgrages. Thanks for all you input guys.
Call Nitro Daves, thats where i bought my system and he is very helpfull and knowledgable. http://www.nitrodaves.com/outlet/ #1-866-648-7637

You can have your nitrous hooked up to a wide open throttle switch through a window switch to be safe, when the bottles are turned on and the nitrous is armed and your foot is to the floor the nitrous will engage between 3000-5800 if thats where you set the window switch. Very easy to learn about and very beneficial for low cost.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nitrous is fine for drag but for road it is totally worthless. If you ever do a Viper Days or open track event you might re-think your goals.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get a gear and it will feel alot faster even with less horsepower.The gear makes it snapier and quick out of the hole.Max

npeifer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went from the stock 3.07's to the Mopar 3.73's only 3 weeks ago and I am very glad that I did. You will feel the difference right away and the car drives better at 65 mph than it did before.

peakcompletions

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had Head and Cam / Headers and no cats on my car with the stock PCM...

582 rwhp / 592 rwtq and totally reliable with NO issues..

just added the AEM and bumped both numbers up just over 25 of each...

Seen some S/C cars with the same numbers and a lot more to look after...

Love it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness