Need NOS/Propane HP #'s Feedback

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need NOS/Propane HP #\'s Feedback

I need some feedback from guys using the NOS/Propane kit. What HP #'s did you get with your kit? I feel my HP#'s are low. I was told by a couple of people who should know that I would have over 600rwhp w/the kit and that was before I added 1.7 rr and Headers.

I only got 580 rwhp/714 rwtq with NOS/Propane, Belanger headers, no cats, B&B cat back, smooth tubes, filters, fidanza flywheel, 1.7 rr, plug wires. Plus my Eradispeed Brake rotors and HRE wheels are lighter than stock to turn on the dyno so that's got to help also.

My NOS kit gave me 109 rwhp and 215 rwtq over motor. The kit is advertised up to 150 rwhp and 225 rwtq but I was told that was a conservative #. Any HP#'s you guys have or opinions that can throw my way would be appreciated.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Need NOS/Propane HP #\'s Feedback

Tom Welch is the King of Nos/Propane set-ups. call him he will be a good advisor!

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score

BTR 650 kit..see sig.

OP
OP

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was told my jets were as far as I could go. That my air/fuel ratio was 12:1 and that my non forged piston 2002 car can't take anymore. But I see other non forged piston cars with more HP than me. I tried twice calling BTR. Maybe I'll try again.

Catwood:
Are your #'s w/heads and cam?

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike I just spoke to Tom. I'm going the BTR route. How's your car running?

I have been doing my homework on nitrous and I really would like to follow the success of those running it.

Skip White

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

My nitrous/propane got me 639rwhp with no mods.From BTR.Oh,on an 03srt

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The kit installed was used and is based upon the new BTR kit which no longer utilizes the old NOS dry shot fuel enrichment controller. Too many problems ocurred and no servicable parts were available which is why the change was made from NOS to NX. It is basically an NOS wet shot system using propane as the catalyst Vs fuel. The system was tuned @ 12:1 on a cast piston motor @ roughly 90 degrees ambient. We'd be more than happy to dyno the car on a cool motor if the end result is to achieve the ultimate number.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1BADSNK

Too many variables,. what is your set-up, primarily jet-sizes. Also what was the bottle pressure for both NOS and fuel at given hp.

OP
OP

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Skip,
Larry Macedo really got my car running good w/o the s/c. I haven't got to feel the NOS yet due to a blown fuse. My car runs so good now on motor that I couldn't tell the diff. from when the s/c was on it. I wasn't even sure if the NOS was even working. I know now that the fuse is blown. I think once the bugs are all worked out I will enjoy the NOS.

[My nitrous/propane got me 639rwhp with no mods.From BTR.Oh,on an 03srt]

That's what I'm talking about. I was hoping for 620+rwhp.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh yeah, I didn't even think about bottle pressure! That's a biggie!

OP
OP

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My bottle pressure shows around 900-950 psi. Jet sizes I have no idea but I could check.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike decided to do our CNC Heads/Cam combination along with BTR's propane/nitrous/fuel upgrade which will use a combination of NOS and NX parts. The system will have NOS bottles and solenoids, but utilize the NX 4 into 1 nozzles Vs the old NOS nozzle. We'll post the results when she's finished.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinusbeats