Need Quick Help / Opinion

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the rush you are getting...deal or no deal, I WOULD NOT allow anyone to push me along in this area if I had NOT thoroughly researched the mods. It depends on what you are seeking...sound, drone or lack of drone, HORSEPOWER, etc. When you say exhaust, do you mean headers, high flow cats, cat-backs etc.?
There are MANY posts that you NEED to find...look for those by Dan Cragin, Sean Roe, Woodhouse and/or Pemberton for a start. HAVE FUN, and take your time.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything should be ok,especially if your in a rush,you'll get some extra power,sound and looks good with the polished tips.PS.your service guy shouldn't talk with his mouth full,there's better.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TOOOFST:
Everything should be ok,especially if your in a rush,you'll get some extra power,sound and looks good with the polished tips.PS.your service guy shouldn't talk with his mouth full,there's better.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'M WIT HIM.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Steve. What's the rush, you're getting the car aren't you? So you get it without the exhaust "upgrade", no big deal. You didn't mention how much the upgrade was going to cost.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the others above, I'd strongly recommend not being rushed into this decision. All the 3" catback systems will make the same power (which, in a '00+ car without other mods, is "very little"). However, they differ radically in sound & construction. The Borla / Mopar exhaust is the loudest of the bunch inside the cabin, and you may regret the decision if you install it without doing a test listen first!

If I were doing this again, I'd listen to as many of the major systems on comparably-modified cars as I could. List members in the area are typically quite willing to provide a listening opportunity. Then, buy the system you like after checking prices with a few sources. This approach ensures you'll get a system which sounds the way you want, at a fair market price.